Aaron and I decided to head back to the RE last July, we didn't have any frozen embryos so we had to prepare for a fresh cycle. We decided to start cycling in September, we had a trip to California in August.
I started BCP's after August AF. I started stimming mid to late September, I stayed on the same protocol as my first one with the girls, so the antagonist. I had 29 eggs the day of retrieval, 23 fertilized. I had a 5 day transfer, we transferred 2 blast. I had 2 embies make it to freeze with the cycle.
I kept POAS, nothing but BFN, AF showed up a day before my beta, beta confirmed BFN.
I jumped right into a new fresh cycle, because I had one left on my insurance. I started BCP's pretty much right away, started stimming in Novemeber, if I remember correctly I had 24 eggs retrieved, and 19 fertilized, I could totally be lying right now. It's blurry. I did have 2 make it to freeze for the cycle.
I POAS 4dpt and had a BFP, I kept testing and the line kept showing up. I took a digital and it was BFN. I started bleeding, went it for a beta it was 25, they wanted me to stay on endometrin, so I did. This was all over Christmas, I was totally bummed out but the girls were so much fun this year, how could I be sad? I was changing Savannah's diaper and had to run to the bathroom and get sick. My first thought was "WTF?" I tested and got a positive on the digital?????
The Tuesday after Christmas I went in for another beta and it doubled as it should have, it was like 172 or something like that. I went in for another beta 2 days later and it was back down to 93, confirmed chemical pregnancy. I had to go back in ever week for a beta until it was zero, from first beta to second was about 7 weeks.
Finally Feb. 1st, AF showed up and I could get started on my FET, I only had 2 meds, estrace and prometrin. 1 appointment for bloodwork and lining check and they scheduled my transfer for Feb 20th, again we transferred 2.
I POAS pretty much everyday, Feb 25th I got my BFP! I was terrified something bad was going to happen again, but this one is the winner, winner chicken dinner.
I started feeling sick right away, morning sickness in full force, my beta was 62 on Feb 29th and 187 on Mar. 2nd.
March 19th was our first ultra sound and believe me I was terrified I would see twins again, the RE was pretty much counting on it because I had been so sick. We saw one beautiful heartbeat. The girls went with us and they were each given an u/s picture and they carried it everywhere saying the baby was in the black hole:) They crack me up.
They tell everyone they have a baby in their bellies too.
This pregnancy has been so tough so far, they make the girls m/s look like a walk in the park.
So there it is, this little one was a tough one to conceive. We still have 2 frozen embryos, I think this is it, but I don't know how I feel about leaving them. Tough call.
Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteWow you went through a lot! So glad you guys got your happy ending! I have one precious little boy and 4 frozen embryos from our ivf. We're trying again later this year, but after that I don't know what we'll do. It is one of my biggest worries that we'll have some left and not want to have any more children. You are so right...it's such a tough call.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Glad for you it's just 1 this time around. Do you think it's a boy?
ReplyDeleteI also had a loss over Christmas which ended in a whole big deal (long story short) so I'm glad your take home baby came next. :)
Kitty
It's so a boy! Do I get a cookie if I'm right?! I was more sick with my son.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, congrats!! I just read this post. I too was hoping to get pregant again with ivf 1st try after twins...but it didn't work out for us. I am happy for you and your expanding family.
ReplyDelete