Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7 months old.... can you believe it?



So we finished up the 6 month and boy was that a fun month:) By far my favorite time with them. They have definitely brought out the personalities. It's so cute, funny and amazing to watch. It's all just going by so fast. They both can sit now and we have stopped swaddling and let me just say that was way easier than I expected. We pretty much went cold turkey on the swaddling and it paid off. They sleep through the night still. Don't get me wrong I have to wake up with them every once in awhile, but for the most part they sleep great. ::knocking on wood::

Still no teeth here, but you can tell they are teething. They put everything in their mouths. I ended up getting the Sophia the giraffe and they love her. We take her everywhere we go, we don't leave home without her.

Well, we had our developmental follow up appointment with the NICU doctors. They did great! They ranged from 5-6 months in all areas. I couldn't be prouder of my little girls. They weighed a in at 15lbs 9oz for Savannah and 12 lbs 5oz for Callista. I love it, they are thriving!

We have some issues with this weird grunting, tensing up thing. They turn red, grunt and tense up. You can see them sweating and turning red. We called the pedi about it and he changed us to a different formula for when we have to supplement. So far it hasn't done anything. We had their blood tested for a dairy allergy. It came back good, no signs of a dairy allergy, I couldn't be happier about this. I would have a hard time giving up dairy and I am not ready to give up breastfeeding yet.

Solids are going well, there isn't a food that they don't like. Cali was a little taken back by green beans, but she eats them now. I don't know about love, but she will eat them. They are loving the solids. Their little mouths just open wide when they see the spoon. If the other one is getting a bite they just stare:) It's pretty cute to watch.

Speaking of watching them I swear they are talking to each other. They will babble and it looks like they are responding to each other. Savannah was babbling at Itty bit the other day and Itty bit laughed. I think the are plotting against daddy and me:)

Okay, so here's to 7 months of the best months I have ever had. I will let the pictures speak for themselves:)

7 month, had to have the bunny ears:)

Turning 7 months makes you sleepy..

really, really sleepy...


Mommy loves taking pictures of us sleeping...
Cali


Sugar


We LOVE food!!!
Cali

Savannah



Here is us after getting our blood taken for the allergy testing....
They did great, but it was funny. I had let Cali go first. I was holding her and the needle went in her arm, she watched it and them started screaming crying. Savannah must have had sympathy pains because she started crying too before it was even her turn. Then when it was Savannah's turn and the same thing happened vice versa.
A few hours later it didn't bug Cali though...

Savannah was still upset... poor Sugar.

My girls love to sleep:)



We took our first trip to the zoo and boy was it fun. This is my brother Mark wearing Savannah while I wore Itty bit. What a beautiful day!

Their new stroller:)

Preppy in their sweaters..
Savannah

Itty Bit

This is what it looks like when you have to feed them both at the same time:)


Okay I still have more to post, but it's bottle time:)
Wait until you see their Easter bunny picture... LOVE IT!!!
Hope everyone had a great Easter:)

5 comments:

  1. my goodness, they are probably some of the cutest baby girls i have seen in a long time! they are just precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! Look just like your DH I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian did the grunting and tensing up a lot when he was a newborn. He was on zantac then prevacid for GERD, and saw a gastroenterologist. It all just went away one day, as if by magic.

    These girls are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygoodness, they are so so beautiful. they look so happy and full of energy. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if the grunting is an age thing. My daughter is 7.5 months old and I happened upon your blog when I googled "baby grunts and tenses up) and this came up. My baby does the same thing but usually when I sit her down for solids. I'm hoping it's just a phase!

    ReplyDelete