Their baby smell, I could just smell that all day long. It's the best. Have you ever seen that episode of Everybody loves Raymond where Frank smells the top of the babies heads and says "The fountain of youth"? That's what I feel like. I just smell them and it makes me think of everything good and gives me a boost in my day.
I just love their little faces, cutest faces ever. I tell them all the time that I just love their faces:) Their big eyes, cute pug noses, long curly eyelashes, and their perfectly shaped lips. I love them. So sweet!
I am down to my last week at home with them and it makes me so sad. Aaron mentioned it Saturday night and I sat and cried. I know it's going to be a good thing I get back to work. I miss being around adults, but these are my girls and it's going to be one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I know the ladies at work will cheer me up, they have all had to do it. They will know what I am going through come Monday. This is the only time I wish I lived in Canada:) Mommies get to spend a year with their little ones.
To make things worse I am dealing with a milk blister right now and it's making me irritable, not at the girls of course. It's just making me crazy it hurts. I have been spending a lot of time trying to fully empty my breast and it's just not working. It has also killed my supply. I had it all built up and now I have to start all over again. I even think I have to dip into my freezer stash. Milk blisters are no fun and now I get to build my supply all over again=(
Enough talking about bad stuff, back to my favorite things:
my little Sugar, look at that face, don't you just LOVE it????
Adorable Santa babies! Praying that going back to work is as painless as possible.
ReplyDeleteGL going back to work...i'm so sorry you have to. seems like time has flown by. Your babies are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are utterly adorable. I'm sorry you have to go back to work. Money - it's the pits isn't it! In Aus we get a year off, but not paid. You're lucky if your employer gives you maternity pay (like mine - for 18 wks). The government provides the Baby Bonus - $5000 per child born paid in fortnightly installments. And in the next couple of years the government is bringing in govt funded maternity pay for 12 months. So, I am lucky - am having a year off. But I can't believe nearly 3 months of it has gone already. But you'll be just fine. It will make you appreciate your little darlings even that bit more when you get home in the evenings :)
ReplyDeleteyou make living in Candad sound like it's the worst thing! lol Canada is awesome, but I'm very biased I guess. And it's not like we get a full wage for the year we're at home with the baby. The monthly maximum is just under $1600 a month if you were working full time the year before your mat leave started. Which for me, means less than 1/2 of what I would normally make a month. Lots of people can't afford to be off for the entire year.
ReplyDeleteandrea, it's only because I can't stand cold weather:) I hate snow!
ReplyDeleteHugs! I check your blog once a week. My 17 year olds went to work today for the first time ever. Heavy sigh. I can't believe those girls. Yours or mine both are growing so quickly. I will have to show them your pics at home. Amazing how much your girls have grown. Its so hard to go back to work but you will be ok! It will be awesome coming home to them. You are doing great and you are going back to work to provide for them and its awesome! I know there will be lots of tears but just think of how much you have to be thankful for!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha @ the snow comment. believe it or not, it doesnt snow all year. I live in alberta, and it's almost december and we still have no snow. it's 5 degrees celcius here and i wore a short sleeved shirt today without a jacket.
ReplyDeleteNice blog. My wife and I just brought home our first 2 weeks ago and have spent time like Frank, sniffing from the fountain of youth. We just couldn't remember where that quote came from. Best of luck.
ReplyDelete