Tuesday, November 3, 2009

2 months old!

Here are my girls at 2 months (which was yesterday)! They are getting sooooo big! Savannah kept giving me bright eyes when I was taking pictures. She looked so scared:)





The past two months have been amazing. I don't get much sleep, but I am functioning and happy as can be. Being a mommy is better than I have ever imagined. I am dreading going back to work, it's going to be so hard. I can't imagine not spending all day with them, however I know I need to go back to work and it will be good for me to be with adults again.

You know what's so sweet? Lately we have been putting the girls next to each other for activity time and it's so darn cute. They get to moving and they will put hands in front of each other and the other will try to suck their fingers. It's so cute to watch. When one jumps the other one jumps. I love watching them. They are so different, yet they are the same.

We are watching Itty follow in Savannah's looks as she gains weight. It's adorable. If they ever weigh the same we won't be able to tell them a part. It's going to be rough.

Again I say, I love being a mommy. I love being there for them and being needed. I love their little cries, it's so cute. It's tough when they cry at the same time because when are you are all alone it's hard to feed both at the same time:) They are just so precious. I can't believe I get to call them my daughters. I definitely feel like one lucky woman, as if I have never said that before.

Cali smiled for me on Halloween. It was so awesome to see her look at me and smile. We are getting little smirks from Savannah, but not smiles unless she has a random gas one. The gas smiles still make my heart melt though.

I thought the girls looked like Aaron, until my mom brought over a few baby pictures of me and she looks a lot like me;) Yeah! I love seeing that! Then we went over to my brother's for Halloween and I looked at my nephew's baby picture and OMG, they look like they should have been twins. It was crazy seeing that. It was like looking at the same baby. I am anxious to see how she grows into her looks. It's so awesome watching them grow everyday!

Halloween was fun, it was the first time we had the girls anywhere. It was nice to get out and have a trial run for Thanksgiving being around a lot of people. I was super paranoid about germs though, but what parent isn't right now. This damn swine flu has everyone in a panic. I want to put the girls in a bubble and keep them there. I had everyone wash their hands and I brought hand sanitizer. Everyone was understanding about how strict I was being.

Milestones, the girls are doing great holding their necks up. They seem to be very strong little ladies. Like I said earlier we are getting smiles and they are really starting to look at us. I mean really look at us. It's so cute to watch their little eyes look at you. I always say, "Aww you are looking at your momma." I tell them I love them 100 + times a day. I can't even count the kisses. God, going back to work is going to be hard.

They make me smile by just looking at them. Aaron told me he can just sit with them and think about how lucky we are and just cry. It's easy to do, they have made me a pile of mush!

This picture cracks me up, "no sissy, don't look into the camera. hide"


Our first Halloween together. Awwww, I wish we could see Itty better though.

Here are some of my nieces and nephews with the girls. So cute. The girls have made it even with this group.


How cute are they together in their first Halloween shirts??? I could just eat them up!


I went upstairs to wake Aaron up and I came back downstairs to this. Itty was totally snuggling with Savannah. So cute! They are so much fun to snuggle with.





I love you my sweet baby girls!
Love, Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Love the update! They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those dresses! They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute, Babbs! You are so blessed to have those little beautiful girls! Can't believe they are already 2 months old...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, wow, they are so amazingly gorgeous. The photo of them snuggling together brought tears to my eyes. My twin boys were 2 months old yesterday and I don't even think they are aware of each other even though they sleep in the same cot. I think they must know that there is something near them, but they certainly don't interact or engage with each other yet. I can't wait for that day. Cherish these very special moments. xx

    ReplyDelete