Saturday, September 19, 2009

Homecomings!!!!

well, we are all officially home!!!

I was released from prison... uh I mean hospital on September 6th. It was bitter sweet, but man I hated leaving without my babies. It was horrible. We of course came home, changed clothes, grabbed food and headed back to the hospital. I hated, hated being away from them. I had many, many tears. Aaron was 1/3rd of the way to getting us all home!

Savannah was released on 9/9/09. I spent the night at the hospital with her in a NICU transition room. I gave her all her nightly feedings. It was great to have that time with her. She did great and I had to keep waking her up for all her feedings as usual:)

Savannah left the hospital at her birth weight, 4lbs 5oz. It was awesome to have her home. I was so excited, but of course I was still sad, we were only 2/3rd's of having all the ladies home.

We stayed at the hospital pretty late that night, I didn't want to leave Cali. I cried leaving her and cried all the way home. In between crying I was smiling that Savannah was coming home with us and taking pictures like crazy! Here are Savannah's pictures coming home.

She does not like the car seat at all. She cries every time.

Daddy bringing her in!!!! Welcome home Savannah!



Daddy just can't get enough of her. He is in love for sure.


We took her out of the car seat and laid her down and she stretched and stretched. It was pretty cute.


As you can see newborn hats are way to big.


I love this drunk baby look. This was her after her first breast feeding session. It cracks me up. So much for above the influence.


Callista was released on 9/18/09. We are all home and finally a complete family. I think we all can breath a little easier. It's an awesome feeling. I cried every night leaving her. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Not too mention I was exhausted. I was spending my days with Savannah and my nights in the NICU with Cali. I enjoyed my nightly visits with Cali, esp after all the visitors were gone. It was just her and I, that was time I was having with Savannah at home.


Callista came home at 3lbs 8.2oz! She is my Itty Bitty! Seeing her next to Savannah is funny. Savannah looks huge and she is a small baby too. It's so weird.

We stopped at first watch on our way home and I swear the entire place was coming over to our table and telling us how beautiful our girls are. It was funny to see every one's reaction. A few people told us they thought they were dolls:)

We have our girls loaded up ready to leave the hospital!!!!!

Itty in her Car seat, sleepy baby.

I managed to fit between the babies in SUV. It was uncomfortable, but loved looking at them.
WELCOME HOME ITTY!!!! You completed the family!
She yawned and stretched just like her sister!

I can't fix this picture, but love it so it stays:) She is so cute!

BIG YAWN!!

Itty had a blowout (so did her sister at the same time), it earned her the first bath!

Itty makes Sugar (Savannah) look huge. It's funny because Sugar is so small too!

I am going to miss when all they do is sleep;)

All Daddy's ladies are HOME!!!

I am the luckiest woman ever!!!

13 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful.
    Congrats to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I love reading you blog- it brings me so much hope! That, and you have two beautiful daughters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous!! Glad you are all home and doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful diary of the first days... congratulations again and good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great!

    congrats on having both of your beautiful girls home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, happy your family is home. Love the pictures, and update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it might be the hormones, but I cried a bit at this post! How happy that you are all home and healthy! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you Babbs. I love the pics. Especially the last one. It's just been such a long trip for you and to finally see you holding 2 perfect sweet babies in your arm is seriously powerful. God Bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Babbs,

    I'm a recent lurker...found your blog because I'm about to start IVF #1 (and hopefully only!). I'll be on the short cycle, no Lupron. I read through your entire blog and have loved all of it. So glad you have your girls home, they do look like little dolls. They are precious!

    My injections start tomorrow night -- I'm so nervous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for making me cry for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on having them home. I remember when that was our only goal. It was amazing when I had them both home. They were so captivating. I loved every second of that time with them. Enjoy every second all moms will say it goes by so fast and it does. I am now working on dresses for homecoming, my girls are now juniors is high school. You can see how much joy and love you both have for them! You are truly blessed! Pamila

    ReplyDelete