It's week 34!!! And I am still pregnant! I didn't think I would make it here.
So many updates to post!
I started off the week with the 24 hour urine test and it came back showing higher levels of protein. I am beginning to be pre-e. So, not only does Callista have to worry about her blood flow through her cord, my kidneys are stealing her protein as well. I am not showing any issues with my liver enzymes though. My blood work came back perfect. I am just showing protein in my urine and higher blood pressure readings.
Yesterday I woke up to a resident telling me that I was going to have 2 more steroid shots as a booster for the babies. Then she followed that up with the peri on for the day scheduling my c-section for Friday. She wanted to speak with my primary since he is on Friday. It wasn't a definite, but she definitely had me awake, excited and anxious.
The peri came in yesterday with the plan, which of course had changed since the morning resident update. Dr. L mentioned the steroid shots and that I would be miserable for two nights (she wasn't kidding). They are going to stop the brethine tomorrow, which means they are not going to stop me from going into labor!!!!! If I start to feel contractions coming on, there is no stopping them!!!! I could go into labor before the weekend! Of course the babies could decide they are not ready and stay in for weeks:) Now those would be my stubborn little girls. I am anxious to see what will happen.
The peri today added more on to the whole labor thing. Starting tomorrow if the babies are not reactive they are going to do the c-section. I won't have anymore BPP's (biophysical profiles). Did I mention one of them fails EVERY MORNING??? So, again who knows what is going to happen starting tomorrow.
Can you tell I am a little anxious?
I've decided that the steroid shots are the devil. I didn't get any sleep last night. I was jittery, restless and hot, then cold. It was horrible. I slept from 11pm-12am. Then at 2am I had a dose of brethine and another 5mg of ambien. It did not make me sleepy. I was up all night. I tried to take a hot shower, did nothing. Finally, the residents came in about 5am and offered benedraly... yay it worked, I was able to sleep from 6am-9:30am. My nurse did not want to wake me up, but the peri already came in and she had to give me my meds. She was sweet.
I was a raging hormonal witch last night though. (keeping it clean for my nieces). The lady across the hall goes through out the night to smoke. Yes, she smokes. She is pregnant on the high risk floor smoking, but I won't even get started. Well, every time she went in or out she would SLAM her door. It bugged the hell out of me. I told my nurse about it this morning and she was going to talk to her about it today. She was more than happy to tell her that she needed to be quiet or they would keep her from smoking at night for disturbing other patients. She woke me up a couple of times during the nice 3 hours I was able to sleep. I am not looking forward to another night like last night. I had the last steroid shot today.
Oh and the blood flow ratio is still perfect for Savannah and intermittently absent for Callista. She is showing ratios that range from 4.3 to 5.6. They have been doing more than one ratio per reading now. It took a long time to get a reading today, she was showing more absent than not =( She is really going to do better on the outside than the inside.
My next post may be my last belly post!!!! I was going to take it today, but I had to send the hubby home to wash baby clothes and he is not feeling well. I don't need him to get me sick, no thanks! I need him healthy in case we have babies this week too!!!!!!
Good luck to you! I have enjoyed following your story. I'm hoping everyone is healthy and happy.
ReplyDeleteWait.. why is she in the hospital if 1. Doctors don't stop her from SMOKING? 2. She won't stop SMOKING while pregnant 3. She's already High Risk.. and SMOKING.. That seems so incredibly counter productive. What are her doctors doing if not preventing her from hurting her baby? :(
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything!!! It's nearing the end.. how exciting!! My friend just had her daughter today at 35weeks & she is doing GREAT! The doctors are only keeping her in the NICU because they have a week # rule for it, but really she would be fine without it. I'm sure the girls will do fabulously once they make their debut.. so yay!
Ameya, my thoughts exactly!!! She has to sign herself out everytime she smokes. I would really, really, really like to hurt her!! So unfair to the baby. Those are the jackasses that get knocked up so easy. Her husband/boyfriend looks like her father. They are a real Klassy couple... Yes, I spelled Klassy wrong!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!! 34 weeks is fabulous. I just found out today that my c-section is booked for a week today - so my twinnies will be 34 + 1 wks. Such a milestone. You have done a great job keeping them baking. I hope you're proud of yourself. Can't wait for the next few updates!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I've been following your story for months now and I can't believe it's almost time for the babies to come! I wish you and your husband nothing but happiness!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh. this is all so very exciting! i am going to be in florida and wont have access to the computer...i might miss the first post of the baby girls! ahhh.. i am so happy for you, and i can't wait to see pictures. congrats. and prayers sent your way, that all goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! It could be any day now. Praying that whatever happens that everyone is safe and healthy and just perfect.
ReplyDeleteI can't stand smoking, much less when the smoker is pregnant. And high risk to boot?! If I was her nurse, or in charge there, I wouldn't let her smoke at all. Ugh!
Hi there :) Not sure how I came across your blog but it's sounding eerily similar to mine right now! I'm in the hospital as well, only 30 weeks with b/g twins, but I truly feel your pain. Congrats on 34 weeks! As you know, every day counts and I hope I make it that far as well. Good luck! www.mandyandnathan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I too have enjoyed following your story and I'm so happy for you that you made it to 34 weeks. I had my daughter 8 weeks ago at 34 weeks because of pre-e and she is happy and healthy, even though she was tiny when she was born:) I know both of your girls are going to be just fine, too! Good luck with everything- sending many prayers your way!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you for making it this far! I have been following your story and want to thank you for posting so much of your journey. I was going crazy one day and stumbled upon your blog when I was going through my 2ww a couple weeks ago. It really helped me feel a lot better about what was going on. Thank you thank you! :) I am praying for your sweet little ones to bake a bit longer and get stronger. Bless you for your patience in the hospital, I know that cannot be easy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you! -Marsha