Thursday, September 17, 2009

Love

I couldn't think of a better name for this post! I'm in love. I never in a million years would have thought I could love this much. I didn't know it was possible, but boy was I wrong. I could stare at them all day! Who would of thought this feeling could exist. I hate to say it, but it's something you truly don't get until you see your baby(ies). Seriously, my heart melts and I just cry. I cry at how beautiful they are and that they came out of my body. It's truly amazing. I can't believe I have to share them with the world. I just want to be selfish and keep them all to myself:) I love these 2 little ladies.

I am sitting here now at 6:30 am in the morning with Savannah sleeping on my chest. There is no greater feeling in the world, I am her mommy. No one can take that away from me or her!

We are just a day away from having them both at home. We will be a family, a family of four! I can't wait to take little Cali home tomorrow. It's going to be such a great weekend!

Aaron and I are going to lock the doors this weekend and turn off the phones and enjoy being a family all in the same place. It's been so crazy trying to be at 2 places at once and trying to heal from my c-section. I spend my days with Savannah and my nights in the NICU with Callista. I love snuggling with both of them.

I think they miss each other. I really think they can sense that they aren't together anymore. I put a hat from Cali in Savannah's crib for the smell of it. I wish I could do the same for Cali, but they don't allow anything with them unless it comes from the hospital.

Here are some random pictures from the past 2 weeks, this is only a small, very small amount that I have taken:) I need to organize the post better, I want this to be something they can read later and have made into a book, so they know how much I want and love them.

This feeling is sooooo amazing. I wish I could bottle it up and sell it.

This is little Cali's..aka Itty Bitty footprints.

Savannah's footprints
Savannah bright eyed!
Savannah (left) and Cali (right) Kangaroo time with Daddy.
Awwww my 3 loves! I am a lucky lady!

Weird angle of the camera, but this is Itty Bitty!

The brief time in the crib together
Look how much Savannah looks like Daddy!
Kangaroo time with mommy!

I always look forward to nightly weigh in's with Cali, she has to keep the weight gain to come home!!!
Our first family picture, boy I wish we looked more awake.
Aren't they cute?
Savannah already working on her tan:)
Cali working on hers...
there are a lot more where that came from and when both little ladies are home I will post a lot more!
Thanks for all the support while TTC, pregnancy, and now I look forward sharing my mommyhood stories;)
GOD I LOVE BEING A MOMMY!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Momma!! They are absolutely beautiful :-) Have fun at home with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Your babies are beautiful. Thanks for making me cry yet a second time today!!! No being a mommy is the best feeling ever...Congrats yet again and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful! Congrats on having a family at home tomorrow. You can finally focus of healing and being together instead of running to two different homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, they are adorable!! Hope your family is all home together really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about you and your girls!!! I'm glad to hear an update and yay for going home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your girls are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! They are both precious! I'm so excited Calli gets to come home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh they are so beautiful. Congrats to you & hubby Babbs...you are going to be an amazing mom. I'm so happy you'll have them both home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me all teary, Babbs. :-) I am SO incredibly happy that you have these two little miracles. I know how much you wanted them, and you are going to be (and already are!) the best mom. Tell A I said congrats too, I am going to have to plan a trip to meet them.

    I can't wait to hear about tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BABBS!!! I don't know how I missed your birthday story but oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you! They're beautiful! congratulations! And you look fantastic! Good luck on them continuing to grow strong for ya!

    ReplyDelete