Saturday, September 26, 2009

We survived the first full week at home!

Well, the first full week at home with both girls was a success:) We survived! Aaron and I slept in shifts and it worked to keep us both sane!

I love being home with both little ladies and Aaron. I wish we could all 4 be together more, but sleeping in shifts was the way to go. It worked for both of us.

We took Savannah to the doctor for a weight check before we picked up Itty and she weighed 5lbs 1oz! She is a little chunky monkey. So, a little parent confession time. We received recipes for their bottles, well Aaron totally read it the wrong way. We were giving Savannah 4 times the amount of calories than she was suppose to get. Geez, we were already messing up the parent thing, but hey at least she was gaining weight right;) Since we have fixed it she has been eating so good. She will take her minimum and then some. She also latches on to me very well. She is an excellent breast feeder. I was worried she wouldn't latch on with all the bottles, but she is a pro and loves it.

Itty had a doctor appointment on Tuesday and she weighed 3lbs 13oz! She is getting closer to the 4lb mark, I wouldn't be surprised if she was already there right now. She is definitely a gainer! She wasn't eating as well with us this week. She started getting sick and was really congested so I did what any new mom would do, I called the doctor in a panic. They wanted to see her in the office due to her size and prematurity. She didn't have anything serious, but she did have a cold. We just needed saline drops and some TLC (I was happy to give). She is feeling much better today! She is such a little cutie.

On to the grunting, yes I said grunting. I never knew babies could grunt so much. I am told this is a preemie thing. They have to work so hard to make their bowels work, they grunt. It's pretty funny. I would swear they were talking to each other. One would start and they other would join in. It's hilarious. I just sit here and laugh at them. I need to catch it on video and share it.

Aaron and I headed to the doctor's ourselves on Thursday. Since the babies are preemies we have to get shots. We both received 2 shots, one in each arm. One was the Tdap shot and the other the flu shot. We still have to get the H1N1 shot. The pediatrician is fighting for the girls to receive shots to fight off RSV. I hope they get it, it would make me feel so much better. I don't like seeing them sick. Itty just had a cold and it broke my heart.

After the flu shots, guess who started running a fever with body aches??? Nope, it wasn't one of the girls, it was Aaron. This meant mommy had to take all shifts. I was with them all night and all day for 2 days. Mamaw came over today and let mommy catch up on some sleep! Much needed sleep. I feel sooooo much better.

Mamaw helped me organize the girls room last night. We finally got the girls clothes put away. The family room now has a floor, which you couldn't see before due to all the shower gifts. Mamaw let me sleep today and cleaned the downstairs. I was amazed when I woke up. God love her!

Friday morning I was changing Savannah and as soon as I lifted her butt up to wipe there it was SHOOTING POO!!!! She had it everywhere. I took a picture of what I looked like after the incident:)



Awww matching outfits!

Such a difference in size still, but damn so cute!

My little Itty!
I don't know why I can't figure out how to turn pictures, but I love this one too. Itty looks so sweet and peaceful.

The girls got to meet their cousin Henry! Look how much bigger he is than them. He is a 16lb 4 month old:)
Sara Streit came over for a photo shoot Tuesday night and I had to grab my camera for this shot! So cute! I can't wait to see what her pictures look like.
Savannah finally lost her cord and earned her first bath. I don't think she was a fan. but she smelled so good!
I love, love this picture of Savannah. She has the biggest and brightest eyes! God, I love her!

My girls!
Look at this one of Itty, I have no words! She is so precious!

If you are interested I have some you tube videos of their birthday! Feel free to check them out.
and you can see the rest by clicking on More from: Mrs.Babbsy

3 comments:

  1. Oh my they are darling!!! And so incredibly tiny!

    I think all babies grunt for their first poos- at least my girls did! Oh my gosh... when babies poo it is just so hilarious. They have no inhibition and I love it.

    I can't wait to see your photography session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! Kuddo's to you for getting the sleep thing figured out, it's definitely the difference between sanity and complete chaos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful! I just love that you are all home together. Such sweet little angels. Hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete