So, Cali had an eye doctor appointment to have her retinas check for maturity. This was a horrible appointment. They dilated her eyes and then put this numbing stuff in it. Okay, that part was fine, but then they take this torture device to hold her eyes open while he shines a bright light in there. She cried the entire time and of course I cried like a baby. I couldn't get it together after the appointment. I called Aaron crying my eyes out. The good news is she never has to do that again because everything was perfect. She just has to go back for eye check-ups, I really did not like that appointment.
Cali also had a follow-up with NICU doctor again. She is doing great. The only issue now is the right side of her head. Her ear has shifted a little so we have to keep her on her left side or the back of her head. This is hard because she loves the right side and will move her head every time. Her weight was 5lbs 11oz! She is doing great! I asked them to weigh Savannah as well, even though it wasn't her appointment. We need a weight on her for the Syniges shots. She weighed 8lbs 6oz!!! She is my chubby little sugar bear! I love it, she is great to snuggle with.
I was hoping to be finished going over to the hospital, but nope we still have to follow-up with the NICU doctor on the 11th of Nov. We are hoping to avoid the helmet for Cali.
I stopped in to see the High Risk nurses, the ones that took care of me and the had the lights down in the hallway. I asked why it was so dark and of course after I am no longer a patient they added "nap time". I would have loved to have nap time! So from 1-3 pm no one would bug you. That would have been heavenly.
I am not sure, but I think we might be getting real smiles. I am not going to call it yet, but I think we are getting close. Oh and another milestone (maybe), the girls slept 5 straight hours last night. This was music to my ears!
This past Saturday the clinic had baby day at the zoo. I had to take the girls to see Dr. S. I am so grateful for my girls. It was cold and breezy, but I was determined to see the doctors that helped me get my girls! Itty was the smallest baby there, but they were not the youngest. There was a 10 day old there. Dr. S told me that Itty was the winner of the day though. The nurses went crazy over my girls. They carried them around and asked if they could have them. They took lots of pictures of them too. The girls did have great costumes thanks to Aunt Amber. It was awesome to see all the babies they helped bring into the world too. I was asked to leave a message in the camera and I thanked everyone. I started crying while I was talking which made my mom start crying. It was pretty funny. We are not a crying type of family, but I am complete waterworks since having the girls.
Here is a picture of the girls with the RE at the clinic. This is Dr. S! He is wonderful!
Here is Daddy with his flower and Bee.
Oh, thanks for posting. Have been thinking about you. Your girls are adorable.
ReplyDeleteThose eye appointments are horrible, aren't they? It's like they're torturing the babies - the doctor told me it sounds worse than it is.... right!
Good to hear your babies are thriving. My girls turn 17 today. Enjoy every second soak it all in it all goes so fast. You My dear are very blessed to have all that you have. Those babies as they read this when they get older will see how much they were wanted and loved. How much you and your spouse love each other. How lucky they are. Congrats. Pamila51510
ReplyDelete