Friday, August 28, 2009

Update from the Peri....

Dr. B came in today and said "I hear you need some reassurance". Uh, yeah, you think?? I have been sitting here a day and half just waiting for something, anything. I tried my best to stay off google, because that can only bring a pregnant mommy to tears.

He pulls out this chart, well a piece of paper with 4 graphs. It's a graph of each of Cali's measurements they look at. He explained that the main growth or area they look at is the belly. Dr. B showed me that she was still showing growth and that the ultra sounds have a 10% error, so they were not concerned. Cali is still showing a nice progression up the hill, it's when the hill levels off there is concern. I hope this is making sense, because I don't take info in very well when I am nervous.

We are going to give the girls another 2 weeks of baking time. They are still developing organs, especially lungs and bowels. If the lungs and bowels develop the little ladies may not spend a lot or any time in NICU, which is my goal! I would love to take them home when I go home. I think this is a great hospital, but once I leave I want to be done for awhile. I know Aaron and my parents feel the same way. They are here everyday.

I am going to anxiously await September 10th for my next game plan. I hope they make a date at that time so I can meet these 2 little ones fighting in my belly:)

I had another doppler reading today on Cali and she is still showing intermittently absent and the ratio is 5.2. This week it should be below 3.4, I believe. I am having a hard time keeping track of all these numbers.

Here's to another 2 weeks of growth! (hopefully)
________________________

I am definitely a little bummed tonight though. Abbie and Andy are getting married, well they are married by now. I would love to see everyone and I of course would have loved to have been there for the happy couple. So, Abbie and Andy, congrats!!!! Now you have to deal with 2 questions for the next 2-3 years. Let me be the first: "How is married life?" and "when are you having babies?" I do make an excellent Auntie Babby:) Love you both and I am sure the wedding was beautiful, can't wait to see the pictures!

I did enjoy talking to Aaron at the wedding and him telling me how much he missed having me there:) That was very adorable. I can't wait to be home with him and the girls!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babbs...hang in there girl. I hope the next 2 wks fly by for you. I think about you & the babies often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Babs,
    I'm sorry this has all been so tough... but you should be so proud of yourself and all you are doing for your girls. Think about when you first checked into the hospital, did you ever think you would make it to 34 weeks?! Yet here you are!! Keep up the good work mommy.

    ReplyDelete