Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1 week until goal week!

But oh what a horrible night.....

I wasn't feeling anything yesterday and was actually feeling good and confident I wouldn't have these two little girls until week 36-37. I was hooked up to the monitors about 8:30, heart rates were good, both babies were showing variables, but holy hell where did that contraction come from????

I started having strong contractions every 4-5 minutes, most were painful. The nurse came in and asked if I was feeling them. I was honest, "hell yes I was." So, she talks to the resident and the next thing I know I am being hooked up to an IV for fluids. They wanted to stop them ASAP.

I called Aaron and our parents and put them on baby alert. I was contracting like I was going into labor. I was definitely freaking out. I had the resident in and out of my room. They gave me the IV and I took my brethine at 10 hoping that would stop the contractions. Well, it didn't. I was still having contractions and hooked up on the monitors until 12:30 am. The babies were showing some distress during the contractions as well, so I had to stay on the toco and the NST, it was so uncomfortable.

The resident finally came in to see if I was dilating, but thank God I had no change since Friday. I am still only 1 cm dilated, I did go from 50% effaced to 70%, but there can be difference in residents.

I was in pain from the contractions so they decided to give me percocets and ambien. I still was contracting, but they felt confident I would make it through the night without having these 2 little girls.

I made it, I didn't sleep much, but I made it!

This morning one of the residents came to ask me the standard questions. When she asked me if I was contracting I was kind of a smart ass, I just asked her if she saw the new accessory in my room, you know the one that is attached to my arm??? She just said, "oh yeah" and then walked out of my room. Do they not read charts before coming in???? Doesn't make much sense to me. If you want to be a doctor, get to know your patients. The resident last night was definitely awesome, but the one this morning was lacking.

So a cute funny from this past weekend so I can end this post with a good thought:) Aaron had his hand on my belly the other day and one of the girls moved her leg slowly across my belly. His face was pure amazement. I wish I had the camera on his face. He has felt many kicks, which he thought was awesome, but to feel them move like that shocked and awwww'd him. It was so adorable!!! I love sharing moments like that with him.

So, one more week and I am guessing we will get a new gameplan for the birthing of these babies. We have a growth scan on Thursday, I am hoping for big numbers!!!!

2 comments:

  1. One more week!! Keep those little ones in there!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well for you for at least a few more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors are morons sometimes, sad but true. I hope everything goes well with the growth scan and that those little girls stop trying to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete