Friday, August 21, 2009

32 weeks!!!

Well, it's certainly not as good as last week, but thankful to still be pregnant. 32 weeks is a huge deal! I have 2 more weeks until my goal week the doctors set. Of course once I hit 34 weeks and there is still growth they want to push me out another 2-3 weeks and deliver at 36-37 weeks! It seems soooo close, but so far away.

I am getting anxious, but heck I have been here for 5 weeks now. I feel every week of it too. I miss being home with the hubby. This is the time I am suppose to be "nesting" and getting ready for the babies. We have so much that needs to be done at home, it's going to be insane when we do get there. We still have so much to do. Poor Aaron is going to have to do a lot and I don't when he is going to find the time. He spends his time here and working. He barely sleeps. I feel so bad for him. My poor hubby. I can't wait to be home with him.

So, this week, Callista's cord has gone back to the high levels. Monday is our scheduled day to head downstairs for fluid checks and doppler flow checks. Well, she was showing intermittently absent on Monday with a ration of 4.2. The new "normal" ration for week 32 is 3.6, remember I said it changes the further along we get?

They scheduled me for another doppler reading on Tuesday, they couldn't even get a ratio because it was showing absent ended flow (I think I am saying that right). I had to go back again on Wednesday and she was with a ratio of 4.7, no absent flow. I swear she is going to be my daughter that makes me worry for the rest of my life! Why can't we just have two solid weeks of good?

Yesterday, we were back downstairs for another reading and she was intermittently absent with a reading of 4.3. So, she is not being consistent at all this week.

I talked to the Peri doctor and they told me as long as she is still showing growth they don't want to be too concerned about delivery. I can't help but worry because this is the first time I have been down every single day for a doppler flow reading. There has to be a reason and it's not being shared with me or maybe it's because we have a new resident on the floor making the calls..... Who knows? I can't really seem to get answers or I just don't know what questions to ask. In about 20 minutes I will be heading back down for another doppler reading. I hope we see some good before the weekend.

On the plus side, the girls are super active. It's like they kicked into gear overnight. They must have woke me up a million times. I feel legs here and arms there. I have been playing with their little legs all week, I can feel and see them all the time. The hand movement was the first last night and it was Callista's. I like to think she was high fiving me saying, "Mommy, I got this. Don't worry about me!" I can't wait to meet them, everyday it because more and more real to me that soon we will be home as a family.

Aaron was telling me he had a moment the other day. He walked into the girls' room and realized it will have little people living in it shortly. I think he had his freak out moment.

Tension is a little high with me, I feel like I snap pretty easy. I think I get my feelings hurt pretty easy too. It's hard to be in the hospital for so long. The world is still going on and I am stuck here. I want to be in the outside world. I am a huge baby I guess. I do cry a lot now.

I did get a new mattress this week which is helping a ton with the back pain. At first I had a bed from the cardiac unit and I was getting more sleep and feeling better. Well, someone from the unit complained and they took the bed away and now I actually have a therapeutic bed that blows up every time I move and it kind of cocoons me. I don't think the babies like it when I am laying on my side, maybe that's why they kept waking me up last night:) Such little stinker butts!

Well, I have to get ready to head downstairs to get another doppler flow on Callista. Savannah was good on Monday and Thursday with a consistent 2.4! I don't think we have issues with her. She has failed her NST twice this week. She had to have a biophysical profile both times, which she passed with an 8 out of 8, but the first one took 29 minutes for her to pass. They only get 30 minutes, little stinker decided to "sleep in" before passing. She is going to be like her daddy!


Updated to add today's doppler for Callista... 3.1 and intermittently absent. The ratio is better!

Here I am at 32 weeks, my mom and nurse think I have dropped a little. I guess they know what they are talking about. I am so getting pregnancy face!





5 comments:

  1. Congrats on week 32! YOu still look fantastic! GOod luck on the next week and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you planning on delivering them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking great! I'm sorry you're having an emotional time. I would be, too!!! But there is an end in sight, which is a blessing. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to your blog and after some fertility problems and IUI conceived twins (boy and girl), Jake & Delaney. I can't wait to see pictures of your little princesses! Jake & Laney were born at 37 1/2 weeks. And were 6.8 & 6.4 lbs. So I pray that your girls will do the same and go home with you!

    LOL and talk about baby face! I had baby face big time! 2 years later and we're still talking about how HUGE my nose got! I was unrecognizalbe!

    ReplyDelete