Friday, August 7, 2009

30 weeks...ups and downs...

Okay, overall a very, very good week! 4 more weeks until we get another review of when delivery will take place!

I started Sunday off with a photo session! I had Sara from Sara Streit Photography stop by the hospital. She is so sweet and she is such a good photographer. If any of you local Greater Cincy ladies need a photographer she is your gal. I will definitely show off my pictures once I have them. She made me and the hubby feel very comfortable in front of the camera, this is hard to do when you are so uncomfortable from being at the hospital and not feeling very attractive. I just hope I didn't look bad in them.

I also had some of my best friends over for a visit and we had a blast. I love those ladies.

This week has been an awesome week for visitors! I had Hannah and Henry, he is so cute. He is one of the cutest 12 pound babies. I love baby rolls!

Monday, I went downstairs for a doppler reading and fluid check. GREAT NEWS, Callista was no longer showing the absent flow she showed on Thursday! I don't really understand everything, but from my understanding there is a range for the girls to fall under, they want it below a ratio of 4.0 and I believe a 2.0 should be the lowest (I don't really know this since Cali is high). Anywho, Callista was NOT showing a absent flow with a reading of 4.6. I will take it. Little Miss Savannah was at a 2.6. The fluid was also very good on both babies, so still not falling into the TTTS (Twin to twin transfer syndrome). YAY!!! Good day!

Thursday, down for another reading, ahhh, Cali is getting closer to 4.0 with a 4.1!!! Can you believe it. This whole hospital bed rest stuff is worth it:) Savannah was a 3.4, higher, but still in range. She better not start, I will ground her at birth. Again, both fluid readings were good! Go my pretty little girls! I am so relieved, it's refreshing. I have used refreshing a lot this week, but it is. I can breath when I hear good versus bad!

Today, I was able to get out to go to the dentist for my bridge. My sister picked me up. After the dentist we went to my parents for a little bit of pool time. It wasn't long, but man it felt good. It was good physical therapy:)

I came back to the hospital and Aaron came by after work. You can see it in his eyes he is completely done and can't take anymore. He needs some real sleep. I had to send him home. He couldn't take a night on the "bed" the men get to sleep on.

My parents stopped by with my nieces from Michigan, man they are growing up too fast. It was so good to see them. They are in town for the weekend. This leads to my melt down....

Aaron called me and was going to get a shower and head to bed. Well, as he is letting me go and wishing me good night and telling me he loves me, I start crying uncontrollable tears, a real ugly cry! You know the kind where you can't catch your breath. I told him it's okay I will be alright to get some sleep. The PCA came in to take my blood pressure and temp, she saw me crying and I asked if I wanted her to come back. I just shook my head yes. I cried and cried! I miss my husband, I miss my bed, my tub, everything! I want to be home.

I know this is where I need to be and believe me I hate the fact that I am whining, but this is so hard. I have been here for 3 weeks. I have never been away from Aaron this long before. We are talking about a relationship that began on the 3rd date with him never going home. I was his new home. So, this is so HARD!!!!

Tomorrow my family will be getting together at my parents to swim and spend time with my sister in law and nieces. I am going to miss it, it's killing me. I want to be there. I live for family time!

in my mind pregnancy was suppose to be fun. Okay, yes I will be fat and uncomfortable, but I get to eat endless pints of ice cream with people staring at me not thinking I am a pig, but as a cute pregnant lady feeding my babies. I bought the cutest clothes and wanted to show my belly off to anyone who wanted to look at it.

Okay, enough whining already, it was a good week and things are improving with my little Cali-kay cakes. I am so grateful and happy about it. I am just having a hard time being away from everyone. I am such a family person and I miss my hubby.


Here I am at 30 weeks!




If you made it this far through the whining Thanks for reading:)


7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having a bad time.
    You are such a self-less mother.
    Your baby girls are going to be so greatful when they know everything you went through to get them into this world healthy and happy.
    I am hoping you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I was in that same hospital in the same unit you are in for 6 weeks before Max was born. Trust me... it is so worth it! I know what you mean about the clothes and wanting to experience the "fun" and "normal" pregnancy that others get to experience, but for some reason you (and I) didn't get that. It still bothers me, but it was worth it. Hang in there. Your beautiful (and very lucky) little girls will be here before you know it. I don't know if you have her or not, but if you do, tell nurse Emily that Beth (Max's mom) says hello.

    Also, if you ask the lunch lady about ice cream she will bring you something up. She always brought me an extra and put in in the freezer for me.

    Good Luck Sweetie. You're almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are going thru all of this! I had many of those tear filled goodnights with les when I was in the hospital. At our hospital the husbands were not allowed to stay overnight until after the birth-it was SO hard to be apart! I can relate, but now that I have my healthy little boy at home with me I can say each agonizing moment was completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're entitled to whine and complain! Bedrest is HARD, especially when it is not in the comfort of your own home. Hang in there sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie I love you. I'm sorry it's been rough on you. You deserve a cry. But you also deserve these girls and I am so thankful you are being taken care of so that nothing bad happens. Aaron will be with you another 50 years ... until he comes to me :) (made you smile) So you have those 50 years to get sick of him! I love you girl and am praying for all of you.

    Aunt Nerdy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Babbs, Hang in there! I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I'm really close with my family too, and it would drive me crazy not getting to be with them. Only a few more weeks, and then the girls get to join in the fun!!!!

    I'm going to send you a PM, I'm from the Cincy area (Mason) and have some questions about Cincy hospital/Dr. stuff.

    CinnamonBun (the knot)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Let it out, you need to and really it's not whining. It's hard. You're doing a great job and it sounds like your girls are really benefiting from all of your hard work. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete