6 weeks into hospital bed rest. Good times.
We had a growth scan today and it didn't go the way we wanted. Callista didn't gain like she did last time. She weighs 2 lbs 11 oz, that's only a 2 oz gain. She gained 12 oz last time. Her blood flow was 4.2 with intermittently absent ratio and this week the ratio should be below 3.4. My poor little Cali is just not getting what she needs.
My little piggy, Savannah, gained 1 lb 1 oz this week and is now up to 4 lbs 9 oz. I am proud of her, but she really needs to start passing on dessert and give it to her sister. Her cord was of course perfect at 2.3.
I am not sure what is next. We are waiting for the Peri and the resident to give us an update on what's to come. I am not sure at this point if they want to keep me pregnant. I am hoping that they do and we can give Cali a little extra time to gain some fat. Of course, I want whatever is best for both of them.
I just had a visit from a fellow from the NICU. She was super sweet and explained everything to me. They explained what may or may not be needed for babies at 33-34 week gestation. My fingers are crossed we can go until at least 35-36 weeks. I feel better with those weeks. I hate being here, but it's more than worth it to keep these 2 baking and thriving. Let's just hope my little Cali can start gaining some weight.
I almost think Cali would do so much better on the outside than on the inside and vice versa for Savannah. If only there was a way.
Here I am at 33 weeks... Not much bigger. Come on Cali make me fat!
The proud papa, I hope the girls' get his eyes! You can see how tired he is too.
My sister delivered her daughter at 33 weeks and 2 days. Amy was 2 lbs and 15 oz. They had been giving my sister steroid shots for 3 weeks while she was on bedrest so Amy's lungs were in great shape. She needed to be fed through an IV and had a 3 week stay in the NICU before going home. She came so early because my sister's health was in danger. The baby was in great shape, just small but she is thriving being out in the world.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get the answers you want and can get a more defined end date! Hang in there!!!
Hi there! i hope you don't mind me dropping by. I stumbled across your blog while searching for 'hospital baby shower', as I am facing the same scenario over here in Australia! i too am in hospital at nearly 33 weeks preg with twins - mine are boys. One of my little boys' growth has dropped below the 5th percentile and I'm anxiously awaiting the next growth scan. I've had two bouts of preterm labour and am on nifedipine (adalat) to keep the contractions at bay. It's not a pleasant time is it.
ReplyDeleteI have a blog too if you want to have a look (http://metomum.blogspot.com). I'm not talking about the details too much, but I'm slowly coming to terms with it and I'm sure will be able to soon. The writing helps. Wishing you all the very best and hope your gorgeous little girls keep baking a bit longer :)