Sunday, June 7, 2009

21 weeks and an update

I am still in the hospital hoping to be let go tomorrow. I am not going to hold my breathe, but it's possible.
Wednesday, as mentioned was when I was admitted to the hospital. I was having a lot of contractions with a shortening, funneling cervix. (just recapping) The peri put me on a med (I can't remember the name) that was suppose to help relax my cervix, kind of like a very strong motrin. I could only stay on that for 3 days. Then they put me back on procardia, it didn't help. They gave it 48 hours and I was still having a lot of contractions.

In the meantime I had lots of blood work and lots of test. It came back I needed more iron, folic acid and B12. I take folic acid 2 times a day and iron 2 times a day. I will get a shot of B12 every day for 7 days and then 1 a week for 4 weeks. I am not sure if there will be a follow-up to make sure it's all working. Oh and I will do 200mg of progesterone a night. I thought I was done with them after IVF, nope no chance. They are suppose to help calm my uterus as well.

The peri switched me to Terbutaline, which is what is in the shot they have given me about 6 times since I have been here. It seems to be working, I have had only had a few contractions since I started it. They want to observe me for 24 hours and I could possibly go home tomorrow!!!!! Please let this be it, I miss sleeping next to Aaron.

I spoke with the peri today and she said she guarantees I will be back here at some point. My uterus is very overactive. I don't understand why I can't catch a break with all of this?

Well, here are the belly shots for this week. WARNING: I went bare belly this week. I love my bump. It's getting out there. The babies are so active, I just love feeling them. When I had my ultra sound on Friday she took a picture of Cali kicking Savannah in the head. They are already starting to fight:)









3 comments:

  1. Praying you get to go home tomorrow but know whatever is best for the girlies is what you'll do. Hang in there, I know hospitals are no fun.

    PS. I love the bare belly:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in my prayers. Hope all goes well with the babies. Hang in there. You know it'll be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete