If you said 'in a hospital' you are a 100% correct. Let me tell you about this week. It's been crazy. I spent my very first night in the hospital since I was a baby being born.
It started off pretty good, I guess. I went to my doctor appointment Tuesday and was told I was going to get a brethine pump and home monitoring. I have been on the phone trying to arrange that and make it happen. Tuesday was a good doctor appointment. I even went to go get the girls cribs, my mother in law and sister in law bought them. Aren't they sweet?
So, let's get to yesterday. I went in for my fluid check, cervical length and NST. I had the fluid check and things look good. Both babies have good fluid with Baby B (Callista) showing a little more than her sister Savannah. I have to give my little Savannah kisses for sharing with her sister finally and giving her a little extra she needed:) Such sweethearts!
The cervical length did not go so well. As I was having the scan I started having a contraction. I was "funneling" and my cervical length went down to 1.8, remember last week it was back at 4. After the contraction was over it went up to 2.4. The ultra sound tech had the Peri doctor some talk to me about options. She first wanted to do a growth scan and go from there before her decision was made.
The growth scan went great. Cali is only 13% behind Savannah. Remember before she was 18%, the gap is closing, YAY for sharing little girls. I love them, have I mentioned that before? The tech also could not find the choroid plexus cyst!!!!! She said she wasn't picking up any. She also checked the other "markers" for T18. Savannah and Cali both had perfect hands, feet, faces and hearts! I was a proud momma, smiling from ear to ear. It's amazing to watch them on the ultra sound. They just look so cute. All their little feet were together and we couldn't really tell whose feet belonged to who:) I just want to tickle and bite toes! hehehe
Okay, enough gushing over my little Angels. The peri comes back in to talk to me about what's going on. She sent me to another hospital where I would get high risk care, which meant me driving over the river.... Uh yeah, me. It's like a foreign country to me in Ohio. I called my mom and picked her and made her come with me.
The peri said they may put in a cerclage, but when I got here that really wasn't the plan. I was hooked up to the Toko and they were picking up all kinds of contractions, they were 2-3 minutes apart. I got another shot and new meds (not sure of the name). They slowed down. I started having them irregular and they gave me another shot and more meds and they stopped to like one or two an hour.
The plan is to keep trying this medicine and do another cervical length check on Friday I may or may not be sent home. It's still up in the air. I could be here my entire pregnancy. BOOOO!!!
I had lots and lots of testing. I feel so violated after yesterday. I had vaginal exams, urine (taken with a catheter in, which was painful and uncomfortable), they took blood through an IV, the IV hurt like hell. I cussed like a sailor and cried like a baby.
The urine test showed I was dehydrated, so I have been drinking lots of water. One of the vaginal swabs showed negative that I was likely to go in labor in the next 2 weeks. I am waiting for the rest of the results.
I will trying to keep this updated. It may be a little hard, but I have access and I am bored.
_________________
Dear cervix and uterus,
You have one job and that's to keep babies safe! Make it happen or we will keep zapping you with lots of medicine to keep you calm! I am over this. I would really like to be home with Aaron. Wouldn't you? He does nicely rubbing you and making you feel better.
_________________
Dear Babies,
I am so proud of you this week. Cali you are closing the gap between you and Savannah. You are such a fighter! Savannah you are going to be such a good 'big' sister. You are sharing so nicely and even giving her a little more because she needs it. Savannah, your growth is right on track and you weigh almost a pound. You are at 14 oz! Cali you are at 12 oz! This is great news! We need to keep you in a longer though. You have lots of people pulling for you and lots of family that are going to spoil you rotten.
I love you girls,
Love Mommy!
PS. I love when you kick me and move around. It's awesome to feel you two. It's my reminder how much I love having you in there and how much I want to protect you. Hugs and kisses to my sweet little ones!
So sorry that you're back in the hospital. I'm praying for you and those precious baby girls.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you're back in the hospital -- it's no fun! I'm glad to hear that the girls are doing well :) Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh no-I'm so sorry to hear your back at the hospital. That just stinks. Hope it's a very short stay. Glad to hear the girls are sharing a little more-that's great! Thinking of all of you.
ReplyDelete