Tuesday- I had a good appointment at the Peri's office. I measured at 34 weeks (if it was a singleton) and I had an internal, was closed and no issues. The peri appointment went great. Nothing too exciting that day.
Wednesday- I had my NST, this also went great. I was on the test for 30 minutes with one contractions, can't beat that right?
Well, Wednesday night I started having more contractions than I was used to. It's getting hard to tell contractions from the babies moving because they are getting bigger. I should know, but it's hard. I push on my belly in different places to see if it's hard all over or just where the babies were/are. I was definitely starting to get nervous Wednesday night. I tried drinking more water, taking a nice warm bath and just laying on my sides. I didn't call the Peri because I was due in for a growth scan on Thursday.
Thursday- Growth scan day. I had my bag packed and ready to go because I was warned if they didn't grow (more so Callista) from the last appointment I would be admitted to the hospital. I had a feeling this was going to happen. I actually knew it was going to happen because I have my first baby shower this weekend.
So, on to the growth. They did all the measurements on Baby A (Savannah) and she looked so big on the ultra sound. I was a proud momma, I could tell she was growing. She was going to be over 2 lbs for sure! Then they moved to Baby B (Callista) and when they showed her, my mouth kind of dropped and I said, "she looks so small". Sadly, I was right. She is 1 lb 11 oz and Savannah is 2 lbs and 4 oz. So that's a 23% difference between the 2 of them. I was wrong on the last growth scan, I think the ultra sound tech told me the difference was 25%, but it was actually 22%. So, she is falling more and more behind. I think the Peri said she is now in the 10% of growth for her gestation. My poor little baby girl.
We also had the Doppler umbilical artery check. The ultra sound tech said this was kind of like a blood pressure test for the babies. Savannah's was perfect, no issues. Callista a different story, it's elevated. Not good.
The Peri doctors in the office always look over the info before you get to leave. They don't come in the room unless there is an issue. Well, he opened the door and I knew what was next. I get my 3rd trip to the hospital for a stay. He said he wanted to admit me so they can keep a better eye on the babies.
I get hooked up to the monitors two times a day and they watch their heart rates. I am also checked for contractions.
I was hooked up last night when I got here and I was having a lot of contractions and they were STRONG. I didn't know they were that strong. I was freaking out at that point. I got a shot of brethine and it didn't help. This always helps, but not this time. They started more test on me to figure out was going on. That means I was violated AGAIN. I had a exam, they are testing me for infections. Then they did another catheter, seriously you should always be knocked out for this crap. They also did an internal exam and I was a fingertip dilated. 'OH SHIT' was my first thought. I can't have these babies! They have to keep cooking, my cookies are not done yet! I also had several blood test too.
So, they want me to do a 24 hour collection of my input/output of urine. I started to do that and by the forth trip to the bathroom there was blood. WTF? Why was there blood? So, the contractions kept up and then there was more blood. I get yet another internal, still a dilation of just a fingertip. It's the blood that is scaring me. So I have to stop the 24 hour collection and wait until there is no more blood. It's 24 hours later and I am still bleeding, I think it's just dry, but it's there. I can't do the collection until there is no more blood.
So, with contractions and being at 27 weeks, the decided to start the steroid shots for the babies' lungs. I had one last night and the second tonight, that should be in. There could be a chance I will need another one, but this could be it.
Now let me tell you about my first night here. I was stuck in a room with one girl being induced. OH NOT FUN!!!! I got zero sleep, so not happy about that. They were loud and I swear MTV was going to walk through the door with video cameras for 16 and pregnant. It was so annoying. She was in the room all night and finally moved to L&D at 6:00 am.
I cried to my mom at 6:00. I couldn't hold my tears in I was exhausted. I was also very upset I was going to miss my first baby shower. I was so sad, just mentioning it had me in tears all over again. I kept crying to my mom, "mom, I want to go home". I reverted back to being a 2 year old. I found out later she cried too, then she called my sister and made her cry. I then called my brother and I cried to him about it. Of course I called Aaron I wanted to go home, I missed him so much. I hate being away from him. I want him at my side at night, it's hard to be away from him. Anywho, back to story, my brother called my mom and the next thing I know the baby shower will be here at the hospital!!!!! I am so excited now, it's going to be soooo much fun. I need this, I was so down. I just want to enjoy it and see my family and friends. I can't wait. We have a conference room for the party that should be able to hold everyone! I am like a kid at Christmas time now.
In bad news, I still don't have a private room, but I am on the list. I am going to be here at least 2 weeks, possibly longer, I need a private room like now! The new roommate is quiet though, but still I like my own space.
I will have a lot more to post about this visit for sure, since it will be an extended stay.
Disclaimer: if this stopped making sense I will fix it. I already took the sleeping pills trying to type:)
______________________________________________
Dear Babies, Please start behaving in there. Savannah share with your sister and Callista GROW!!! Mamaw, Papaw and daddy already told mommy she is not allowed to have any more babies because their hearts can's take all the drama already:) I know you guys are going to want 1 or 2 little sisters or brothers to boss around. That's all in the fun of siblings. I know you will want at least one little brother that has eyelashes like daddy. Just think of all the fun you two will have holding him down putting mascara on him. If daddy wasn't bigger than mommy, this would be the way mommy would do it:)
I love you babies!
Love mommy
_______________________________________________
Here I am right before getting admitted it the hospital.
I hope I don't have a long stay!
PS.. I spoke to Mica and she has her game face on is ready to fight this. She shaved her head and is ready to handle her business. I love that lady!!!!!
My prayers are with you and your babies <3 It must be so hard to be in the hospital for weeks at a time & not have your husband there at all times. I hope that the babies grow strong and stay in the oven for a lil while longer! enjoy your babyshower! I am so glad that they can bring it to you! I cant wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing in your pics & your belly is adorable!
I got my fingers crossed for you !! I know the girls will be just fine!!
Wow. What a trooper! hopefully this time in thehospital is just what the babes need.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, your baby girls and your friend Mica.Woo hoo, about the shower coming to you. debdebtx
ReplyDeleteOh you sweet woman! Rest up and praying those babies cook longer!!! I'm just glad your doctors are monitoring your little ones closely. That's good, even if it is hard!
ReplyDeleteHope everything settles down, and those babies stay in there (both of them!) for like 9 more weeks!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything slows down and those babies keep baking!! I am glad you got your shower!!
ReplyDeleteI linked to your blog from Jill's blog -- I just had twins in March. I spent awhile on the IF boards, and have always followed your story when I see your posts on the nest. I'm so sorry you're going through this -- like you haven't been through enough! Just know that you have an awful lot of people praying for your little girls, and for you. I'm sending a lot of positive thoughts your way -- I don't know you personally, but from what I've seen, you know the power of positive thinking! Fingers crossed for all of you :)
ReplyDelete