I have an NST every morning, so that means my little girls have to be reactive every morning. Let me tell you they are not morning girls, like their mommy and daddy. They never seem to pass. They get buzzed 3 times and they still do not get reactive.
I was on the monitor for an hour today, after 20 minutes the nurse buzzed them, with no response. I sat on the monitor for another 15 minutes and was getting irritated. Usually when I fail I have to go downstairs for a biophysical on them. So, after 45 minutes I was getting impatient and had a bright idea. For the last few months I have been obsessed with New Kids on the Block and have played the CD while driving. I played Dirty Dancing, which a song I play over and over and they both were reactive. Their heartrates went up so quick. I was laughing and crying. I was proud for one that they liked the music I did and for another they were remembering something familiar.
I am such a corny sappy pregnant lady. I know it and there is nothing I can do about it.
I though Aaron would have a hard time with his girls liking NKOTB, but he just laughed and said he would teach them later about better music. That got a big eye roll from me:)
So, my girls have the right stuff while hangin' tough! They are such mommy's little girls!
I will post more tomorrow about week 29. I can't believe I am here....
That is so funny! Great idea mama!
ReplyDeleteHa ha- that's awesome!
ReplyDelete