Monday, July 13, 2009

WHOA... lots of thoughts today!

Well, today is the start of week 27! Do you know what that means???? Anyone??? If you said I am now in the 3rd trimester you are correct!!!! I feel so lucky to be here and to have made it. I still have a long ways to go, but I am officially in the 3rd trimester. Hang in there my beautiful baby girls. Mommy loves you! That concludes thought number 1.... Happy 3rd Tri to us!

Thought number 2, I had a great dinner with some friends from high school. I went through a phase a few years back and I swore I wanted nothing to do with anything that reminded me of high school. It wasn't that I hated high school, it just wasn't the best time of my life, it was a starting point of my life only to lead me to bigger and better things. Well, my perspective has changed. I had dinner last night with 7 friends from high school and I swear it was just like old times and it was a blast. I don't think anyone wanted to leave we were laughing and telling stories. We even had Angie embarrass the waiter:) Go Angie.

The point of the second thought is, don't be afraid to look back in the past, because if you don't you could be missing out on some really great friendships. I love having them back in my life. I am looking forward to seeing them again. It's nice to be close again. I still think it's very weird to see them with kids. My friends are mommies:)

I have seriously missed these ladies and glad to have them back in my life. I am starting to feel more complete as a person.

Thanks ladies I had a great time and I can't wait to see you again. Here is a picture from last night. It's missing 2 people because they had to leave, but Angie took some pictures I will add later.



Left to right: Patty, Julie, Angie, Jenny, Me, Holly
Missing: Samantha and Beth





Thought number 3, Aaron's step sister is getting married this summer and I am reminded of the wonderful people I am going to have in my girls' lives. It great to think about how loved they are going to be. They have Aunt Abbie and now they will have Uncle Andy:)
Congrats Abbie and Andie! I hope we can make it to your wedding! The only thing holding us back would be labor!

A note to the girls (7/10): Grandma finally felt you kick at Abbie's shower. I think you made her night for sure!


Abbie and I (and the girls) at her shower Friday night.




Thought number 4, let me grab a tissue first. I don't even know where to start. I met these two woman while working at Bonefish Grill and I fell in love. I have been through so many ups and downs with Mica and Amber. It's weird, we had the biggest personalities in the entire place and we became best friends. It was kind of weird, strange and wonderful. We don't talk all the time, but we know the other two are just a phone call away. These two ladies I would call my rocks and loves.

Mica has been fighting breast cancer for many years and keeps kicking it's ass. She is the strongest woman I have ever met. She keeps a positive attitude and she doesn't get down.

Amber called me today after talking to Mica and told me bad news. My dear friend Mica has had the cancer spread through her lymph nodes into her stomach! They found a tumor in her stomach!!!! My heart stopped, I couldn't breathe. I was listening to Amber cry and I couldn't form words to talk back.

Mica starts chemo tomorrow, it doesn't sound like they are going to do surgery again. It sounds like chemo first. We need her to make it through this, she has to, she is Mica Superwoman.

Please pray and send good thoughts for her, she is so special to me. She has part of my heart and I need her here. Yes, it's selfish I need and want her HERE! It's not her time to go. She still has many lives to touch! Please, please pray for her.

Left to right: Mica, Me and Amber
My loves!


WE LOVE YOU MICA!!!! WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You look great for being in your 3rd trimester~ you are beautiful!

    & I will pray for your friend! I am most certain she will continue to kick cancers ass :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your friend Mica...chemo sucks but it's doable especially for a strong woman who's determined to kick cancer's ass:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Mica!!!
    Prayers and good wishes.

    Love your blog!
    Congrats on 3rd tri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually a lurker but I wanted to let you know that your post today was very touching! I always enjoy reading but today was really sweet! I'll keep your friend Mica in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete