So, Monday, nothing really happened, I just suffered in a double room all day sitting in the corner section of the room practically in tears because I couldn't see anything and had way too much stuff for that area. They say 2 weeks I bring what I need, but Monday was ended well:) I got my very own room:)
Tuesday, I was sent down to the ultra sound ladies to have the doppler artery test, fluid check and a biophysical profile on my little ladies. The biophysical profiles turned out perfect. It was actually very cool to watch, I loved watching them breath. It's so awesome that I have little tiny humans living in my tummy. It's truly an awesome feeling and thought. I love these two little ones so much already.
The doppler umbilical artery test was half good and half bad meaning Baby A (Savannah) was normal with no issues and Baby B (Callista) failed with elevated numbers. This is basically to test their blood flow and how much nutrients they are receiving. So Cali is not getting enough which explains her low weight. This is not the same thing as Twin to twin transfer syndrome. I am learning an amazing amount of info from the nurses here. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing staff. Awesome women.
There isn't really much to report on Wednesday or Thursday other than the fact that the babies show no interest in the "zapper" during monitoring. I can see them just laughing at the nurse, like "huh, lady you have to try a lot harder than that. We take after our daddy and nothing wakes him up. Thanks for the laugh though"
With that being said they have started to take turns being reactive on their own, one takes morning shift and the other night. They are already working as a team. I can only imagine that this means daddy and I will have our hands full trying to keep up with the games.
Friday (today), I started the morning with the 1 hour glucose test. I had the cola tasting one, very, very flat cola. YUCK!!!! But the babies loved it, they sucked it up. I thought for sure at one point they were going to shoot out of my belly like aliens and yell "HI MOM, can we have some more?" Well, they get their wish, I failed the one hour and I am now fasting for the 3 hour test.
Now let's talk about the reason I don't think I will past this test, 1- I am PCOS, 2- I am already on diabetic medicine and 3- I just don't feel lucky right now oh and 4- I have brownies, rice krispie treats and homemade chocolate chip cookies tucked away in my room.
I have my fingers crossed, no pregnant lady wants to diet, esp on hospital food.
Moving right along, I had an internal exam and I am 1 cm dilated. Tomorrow I will have an exam to test to see if I am likely to go in labor in 2 weeks. If it comes back positive, it means nothing, if negative that is wonderful. Okay, so let's begin the violations...Hip Hip Hooray!
I moved downstairs for another doppler umbilical artery, with no changes since Tuesday. I was told the failing (abnormal) reading would keep me here until the babies come. So, I am making myself comfy, well trying to. I have my weak moments, but will do anything for these 2 little princesses.
I was able to get a free pass today. I was out for 4 hours to see my Dentist to finish working on my tooth. I have one more visit next week to him. So, YAY for getting out, but it's SOOOOOO hard to come back.
While I was out I noticed my legs started hurting like crazy. My muscles are so weak and sore, I guess they are talking about adding physical therapy to my routine. I also think we need a masseuse on the floor. I need it. Bedrest is not muscle friendly.
Last but not least I miss my sweetie pie Aaron! He stayed last night, but it's not the same. I want to love him, hug him and call him George! ;)
He had to head home tonight to take care of things at home, awwww home, I miss thee!
Aaron is going to stay tomorrow night and Sunday night. When he stayed last night he was out. He fell asleep at 8:30pm and didn't wake up when anyone came in. I need that right now!
Aaron in Lalalala land:)
Well, I have to get some sleep, I will update tomorrow after I get my 3 hr results! Please let me pass!!!!!!! Please!!!! I need my sugar! Or I should say WE need our sugar!
Here I am full glory of 28 weeks. I look lovely I know....Pause...pause...pause.... NOT
I have no make up on and I was getting ready for bed.
you still look amazing...no make up and all! I pray that everything comes back good!!! a permanent hospital stay would be no fun!!
ReplyDeleteI got my fingers crossed for you!!
& YAY for a private room...you must be super duper happy!!
You look absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for you, you'll make such a wonderful mommy.
ReplyDeleteYou look fab for twins and being 28wks! Your belly is beautiful just like you! Hang in there and hope all continues to go well! :)
ReplyDelete