Thursday, July 30, 2009

29 weeks and well uh....

So, I had the growth scan today on the little ladies. I really don't know how to start this post. The scan was not my favorite part of the stay here. The girls are now 36% difference in weight gain. I am so disappointed, sad, depressed... name I am it. I really wanted Cali to gain at least a half a pound, but that did not happen. She only gained 2 oz and that is using the high measurements. Savannah weighed 2 lbs 14 oz. She is gaining, but I am worried about my Cali-kay!

I don't know about the the ratio with the doppler flow, but I know anything under 4 is okay to good. Savannah was 2.5 and Cali was 4.6. So, she is not terrible, but still not growing as she should. The tech was very good at explaining things today and made me feel a little better, but not great.

I came back from my scan and just cried and cried. I talked to Aaron and my mom, that's it on the phone. I stopped answering my phone because I just didn't want to say it out loud anymore. Of course my brother right on cue walked through the door with milkshake in hand. I just cried and threw my arms around him. He has a way to make me feel better. Thank God for his funny stories about his boys.

The peri finally came in to talk to me about everything and I hope I get this right. I shut down mentally at the mention of stillborn. Aaron was here to catch everything and tell me again.

So, I am here to stay until the end of the pregnancy. I am officially never getting off hospital bedrest. There is nothing they can do to help Cali gain weight. I am here just to be hooked up to the monitors for an NST two times a day to make sure they are reactive and blood and oxygen are still flowing. If they fail the NST I go downstairs for an biophysical profile. On Mondays and Thursdays I will go down for doppler flow test to make sure there are no changes. Every other Thursday I will go for a growth scan.

They would like to see me make it until 34 weeks. They will take the babies if there is no growth and bad NST's. The peri did say they weren't as worried about the growth as they were about the development of their organs which should be okay by 34 weeks and the blood and oxygen flow.



So here is my home until the babies come....
Hubby is on his part-time bed.

29 weeks and yes you can tell I have been crying all day.


Here is what my belly looks like when I am hooked up to the monitors:)


9 comments:

  1. I am sorry, my heart breaks for you. Just keep the faith that soon enough you will take home two little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the other commenter said, my heart is breaking for you! Praying the little ones thrive and you make it to 34 weeks!!! And that time flies by so you can get off bedrest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your site on accident one day, I just want to say I'm a twin with a sister and it's the coolest expierence and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word - I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel like crying with you, sweetie.

    I'm going to pray for those little girls and you keep talking LIFE over them, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    I remember you when going through your treatments, and just found your blog. I'm glad i did so i can follow your journey now. I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through. But, your little girls seem so strong and your doctors seem so amazing! You will get through this. i can't wait to "meet" your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you poor thing. I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I hope everything works out wonderfully and those little girls arrive strong and ready to take on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog a couple of days ago and after reading almost all your captivating posts, I feel as if I know you, personally. From the bottom of my heart I hope that you and your little girls thrive and remain healthy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been following for a while too and I must say that I have just fallen in love with you and your little girls, keep up the good work... Baby girls you should grow for your mommy so she can relax and enjoy this time with you! ;0. I cannot wait to see there cute little pictures past 34 weeks!! GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I thinking of you and your little ones so much. I can't imagine how exhausted you must be! Grow, sweet Cali, grow!

    ReplyDelete