PASSED the 3 hour glucose tolerance test!!!! WOHOO, hello Mr. Hot fudge Sundae, I am so glad we didn't have to part for too long:)
My numbers:
Initial prick- 85 (not sure what it had to be below, but it was passing)
Initial blood draw- 81 (want it below 95)
2nd blood draw- 148 (want it below 180)
3rd blood draw- 128 (want it below 155)
4th blood draw- 82 (want it below 140)
GO ME!!!! However, it looks like my arms have gone into battle. I am so bruised from all the blood draws.
I also had the FFN (Fetal Fibronectin)- this is a test to see if I am at risk of going into labor in the next 2 weeks. Fetal fibronectin (fFN) is a protein produced during pregnancy and functions as a biological glue, attaching the fetal sac to the uterine lining.
Well it came back NEGATIVE!!!! So even though I am 1 cm dilated I am not "leaking" this protein!
I also got to take a nice nap today and it was nice!
I am so happy!
The leg situation stinks though. I have had heat packs on them all night with some relief. I can't wait to see the physical therapist.
Hi Babbs,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the negative result!! My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for the fetal fibronectin test. I read your blog and thought you might like to become a fan of the fetal fibronectin test on Facebook (www.facebook.com/fFNTest). On our fan page we share the latest on the fetal fibronectin test, prematurity and all things pregnancy.
Additionally, if you're interesetd in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the fetal fibronectin test or reciving our quarterly newsletter, please contact me by emailing fFN@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets.
We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.
I hope to hear from you.
Regards,
Kirsten
Hi Mrs.Babbsy,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear your tests went so well! Very exciting news that your FFN test came back negative! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well for you and your husband. You are going to make an amazing mother. I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.
Best,
Hua