Saturday, May 30, 2009

20 Weeks

Well, I think I am finally calming down and not freaking out so much. It was just too much in two weeks. I can only hope that next week will bring nothing but good news. I don't think I can handle another week of bad.

The contractions still come and go. It seems to be the hour before my procardia is due is when I start having issues. I have been trying to drink more water today.

I am scheduled to see the OB every Tuesday and then the cervical length and fluid checks on Wednesdays. So, I can get out at least 2 days during the week. I am going to keep a bag of clothes in the car just in case I keep making trips to L&D. I just need to be prepared. I will start bringing a book as well:) Aaron can't go every week with me. I wish he could though.

I was able to get a little time out today. I had a hair appointment, I changed to my summer colors. I just need to get a tan to go along with it. I came home and laid down after my hair appointment and then Aaron took me to Michael's for some more craft stuff. As I was checking out there was a teenage boy, he asked when the baby was do. I told him October and it was twin girls, you know the usual bragging mom thing. He looked down at my feet and said, "It looks like you already have 'cankles' kicking". I make my deer in the headlights look and say, "yes, I am swollen". I grabbed my bag and left the store. WTF? really? I didn't think they were that bad. Man, I am sensitive.

Pregnancy hormones are a very funny thing. It's amazing how emotional it can be. Last night Aaron and I were talking about the girls being our age or something like that and he said, "What you want them pushing 40?" I looked at him and tears were in my eyes. I started laughing, but was crying my eyes out at the thought of turning 40. I started crying more than I was laughing. He was in tears from laughing so hard at me. I am still dealing with being in my 30's. I cried when I turned 30 and 31. Seriously, who cries when it's still 9 years away. This will be a story Aaron will never ever let me forget.

Well, I am off to get some sleep. I am so tired, you would think I ran a marathon today or something.
Of course the weekly pictures, it's getting bigger and you can see my summer color.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, who comments on someone's swelling?? How rude!

    I cried when I turned 30 and don't even think about getting older...I'll be 31 in July.

    Glad you were able to get out a bit today!

    ReplyDelete