Well, today was my first OB appointment. I am a bit overwhelmed after it too. I knew having twins wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but I didn't expect so many concerns carrying 2 . My OB just kept talking and I just kept listening. There was so much to discuss.
I will be a high risk patient, which I kind of knew would happen anyways. I will start seeing a perinatologist this Friday. This is to figure out how I will be cared for. My Ob thinks I will be on bed rest at 28 weeks at the latest. I don't care if I have to lay in bed for 6 months as long as the babies are healthy.
I will have more ultra sounds to make sure the babies are growing at the same rate. They are sharing a placenta so they have to be watched that one isn't "hogging" the supply. I just have to make sure I keep eating and making sure I am getting everything we need. Speaking of eating I have gained 6.5 pounds in 2 weeks. Holy cow, but the OB thinks I am doing great. My uterus was measuring at a 16 -17 week singleton pregnancy. So, yes I have really popped. I can't believe 10 weeks pregnant and I have a baby belly. I wasn't expecting it so soon.
I was able to hear one of the heartbeats today. OMG, this is the most amazing thing you will EVER hear! I was smiling and fighting tears:) It was so cool. He could only find one, but told me not to worry. The other was probably just hiding or one was being a spotlight stealer. He said the heartbeat was about 160 bpm. Again, this is the coolest thing ever. I am really hoping that we can hear it again on Friday. Aaron didn't get to do today. When I told him I heard the heartbeat you could tell he was so jealous. He said, "That's not fair, you are so lucky". I really want him to hear it. I really think it will bring tears to his eyes too. He's a little on the sensitive side.
Everything else checked out good too, my pulse is very strong. I can hear it when I am trying to go to sleep it is so loud, but he said that was great. My body is working extra hard to take care of those babies. I'm okay with that. I just need to make sure I am getting enough sleep and food.
The OB would love me to make it to 36 weeks, but really doesn't think I will. However, he will schedule me for a c-section at 38 weeks if there are no babies yet. I will have a c-section, it will not be a vaginal deliver. He said that usually the second baby doesn't have a good apgar score.
I can't wait for Friday to see the peri doctor. I would really love to have an ultra sound, but I won't get my hopes up. I want to see them again.
So, 10 weeks is a great week the babies are no longer embryos, they are officially fetuses!!! This is so exciting. 3 more weeks and I will kiss the first tri BYE-BYE!!
I am going to start my weekly pictures, so here is week 10. I feel okay about the bump now that I have validation from the OB:)
This is my bad attempt at being silly.
I just need to move the camera down a little:)
A blurry close up...
I love your bump!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic.
ReplyDeleteCant wait to hear how Friday goes.
Wow, I love your little baby bump, its so cute! Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on Friday.
ReplyDeleteWow I love the bump!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful sweetie! This is all such great news. . .
ReplyDeleteIf I may offer a suggestion?? Go ahead and get a doppler! (If you promise to never freak out because of it!) I just ordered the one off Amazon, and we were able to find the heartbeats at home around 11 weeks. DH was absolutely crazy about it :) That was how he became "involved." Just about every night he'd say, "can we listen now, can we listen now?!" And I'd just kind of lay there :) and it was his job to do the doppler, find the heartbeats, etc. He loved it, and I can tell your DH would too.
What a cute bump. I hope the peri is a little less worry-wort than the OB.
ReplyDeleteyay - hearing the HB is awesome. I'm sure A will cry when he hears it. LOVE the bump. You are too cute!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what a stinkin' cute little bump you have! So thrilled that every thing is progressing well and you seem to be in very capable hands.
ReplyDeleteYou look great!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Glad to hear everything is going peachy!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! It's so funny you said you're measuring 16-17 weeks b/c that's pretty much what my bump looks like and I'm 16w4d today! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAwe, I love seeing a preggo Babbs. You look perfect. So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything is going well. You look great!! I want a cute bump like yours :)
ReplyDeleteOh, your baby belly is just adorable. Congrats again.
ReplyDelete