Overall I think it went well. She had a lot of recommendations for me and for my OB. I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen today, but it was just as it sounds a consult. My OB wanted her to meet with me and go over my medical history. He wants her recommendations for my pregnancy.
First, she wants to have my thyroid tested again. It goes from normal to borderline high. She also wants me to do the 1 hour glucose test in the first trimester and repeat every trimester after that.
At 16 weeks, she thinks I should have a complete scan of the babies via ultrasound and then ever two weeks after that. In the second trimester she recommends that I take an extra 4-6 hours of laying down a day, this does not include sleeping. It has something to do with the placenta.
She also thinks every two week I should have a visit with the "dildo cam" starting at 16 weeks to make sure my cervix and uterus is growing enough for the babies. She is worried that since this is my first pregnancy and it's twins I may have issues. It's just cautionary.
The more she kept recommending ultra sounds the happier I got:) I love seeing the babies.
She also recommended that I continue to see her, which was music to my ears. I just want the best possible care for these two little guys or gals. I just want them healthy.
She also suggested taking extra folic acid so both babies get enough and extra calcium.
Okay, the warning about TTTS- twin to twin Transfer syndrome. This is when babies share the same placenta and have separate amniotic sacs. One twin can get more of the fluids, blood and nutrients than the other. This can cause death to one or both twins. I think my heart broke when I heard about this. The silver lining, Cincinnati has a specialized division for the care of TTTS. So, if something was to happen I would be close to as much help as I can get.
As you can see I have a lot of info thrown at me in just 3 days. I am praying every minute for these babies. I love them and look forward to seeing them in 7 months.
Too top it off, she would like to see me gain 60 pounds!!!! 11 down, 49 more to go!!!
I saw the cutest little twins picture frames in Hobby Lobby today! I wanted to get one for you, but they were boy & girl specific. So hopefully you will find out the gender of your little cookies before they are sold out. :)
ReplyDelete