Tuesday, March 31, 2009

12 weeks

I had another OB appointment today. I talked a lot to the OB today, I met a new one in the practice and just loved him. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had. He must truly love his job. I hope that either him or my original OB deliver the twins. I hope I like all the doctors this much. I really like the high risk nurse too, the first nurse I met with was completely useless and should not be doing that job.

The news I got at the visit today, I passed my 1 hour glucose test. I was at 116 and they want it below 130! I was happy to hear that. I do not want to watch what I eat. They lab messed up the TSH and T4 test so I had to have more blood drawn today, which was fine. I am used to needles. After IVF no needles scare me.


The Ob gave me an RX for prenatals finally. I also have to take an extra 1 gram of Folic Acid and then add 2 grams of calcium. They want to make sure there is enough for both babies to get what they need.


I have my first ultra sound with the OB next Friday on the 10th. I am looking forward to this. I will also have monthly growth ultra sounds. At week 16 I will start the weekly cervical length checks. They will make sure I am growing as I should. So that's weekly checks of seeing the babies:) You can't beat that!


I am not sure when I will see the peri again. I was hoping to see them regularly, but as of right now I am not sure.


I am not allowed to workout, I got the okay to walk, just no exercising. It's all about taking it nice and easy. I am okay with that for now since I can barely keep my eyes open. I am so ready for a nap all the time now. I am yawning as I type :O


Of course no OB appointment is over until you get to hear the heartbeats:) It's such a wonderful sound. I could listen to it all day. It's amazing that 2 little humans are growing inside of me right now. It's powerful stuff. He said they were about 160, but it's hard to really tell because you can hear both of them at the same time. Of course you can also hear mine. I guess it's going to take longer to get a true heartbeat reading.

I feel like I popped a little more overnight. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's so surreal. Today was the first day I had strangers ask me when I was due:) I think they go into shock when I tell them in October.

Well here are the weekly pictures.


Here I am at 12 weeks, still in work clothes.


Does it look bigger?






And the blurry close up.





These are all the pills I take in one day now.


11 comments:

  1. I really love that shirt. Is it a regular one or a maternity one? Where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely popped. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you've popped! But you do have two in there little lady so what do you expect?!? :)

    You look so adorable though! So glad to hear every thing continues to look great with all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa, it's not a maternity shirt and I got it at NY&CO.

    Thanks ladies:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG You look so stinking adoroable! Girl you need to get yourself one of those plastic pill minder thingies the old people have. That is a lot of pills to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that's a lot of pills! I had trouble just keeping one prenatal down! You look so cute and how exciting that you get to see the babies so much. That should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe,you look so cute! you do look farther along than you are, yay for making 2 big healthy babies! You look amazing pregnant.
    OMG that is a lot of pills I agree with the last poster, I had enough trouble keeping one down, and could only use the chewable kind (went through a bunch that kept coming up) and they were so gross It was all I could do to get myself to take them. You have my respect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see another twin belly that looks like a twin belly :)

    I've also popped out of my clothes - 18 weeks now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look fantastic! I don't think you look much bigger from 2 weeks ago when I saw you! Just adorable little belly!!

    Glad the appt. went well. Girl, you'll be in your 2nd trimester next week-how awesome is that?!

    Glad you found my new blog address, it's been a little difficult!

    http://anotherdayinpair-adise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey babbs, where've you been? is everything ok with the babies? thinking of you
    -A

    ReplyDelete