For me this is one of the first of many milestones. I am not really sure why 8 weeks is so significant to me, but it is. I get to see the babies again next week. I can't for the next ultra sound, it's just one wait after another. It startes when you TTC. It's a wait for ovulation, the 2 week wait and so on. There is always something.
So week 8, what does that mean to the babies? This is taken from Babycenter.com
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — The baby is about the size of kidney beans— is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
I went to the circus with my sister the other night and she kept saying how much I was showing. I just feel fat. I am finally eating more. I still have really bad morning sickness days, but I have had a few really good days. I have been to work 2 out 5 days this week. I am thankful I have a job I can work from home. It's so much nicer to just lay still, I don't feel as sick.
Jay and Mrs. Jay, How did the ultra sound go? It was today right?
I hope you begin to have more good days than bad! I'm still so excited for you. . .
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteHiya Mr Jay here - the ultrasound was amazing! we have one little jellybean!! (our brother's girlfriend calls it that!) Mrs jay had quite a few tears of joy after 3 years & 2 months of trying there it was the little gorgeous heartbeat - even though it small it was really clear. AMAZING! We're 7 weeks now. Even I (supposedly the alpha male!) and some of the fertility nurses were all emotional too - they're so caring. Mrs Jay is seriously getting hit by nausea she's resting up right now as she's heaving and being sick morning and night! but she's so happy she's soldiering on...i wish everyone commenting on babb's "brilliant" blog the very best wishes in the world to get what they want too! x
ReplyDeleteOh that's wonderful Mr and Mrs Jay!!!! Congrats!!!! If she gets tired of getting sick zofran is safe and so awesome! I'm glad I asked for it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're eating and keeping it down :) 8 weeks already, amazing.
ReplyDelete