Thursday, May 14, 2009

18 weeks and update from the OB

Okay, so this was kind of a tough week in the Babbs and Aaron household. I didn't like what I heard at the OB's office. It was painful to here. Here is the gist of everything:

The OB said I could be a victim of early technology (I'm not sure I know what this means) and things will work itself out, but it could be Baby B (Callista) is not getting enough of the placenta needs. Only time will tell, I start weekly cervical lengths and fluid checks on the babies next week (the 20th). They will make the call in the next few weeks about bedrest. It looks like I am heading there earlier than expected. I didn't want to do it that soon. The OB said with bedrest the placenta will have more bood flow and oxygen to support both babies instead of using it on me walking and moving around. The one plus is my cervix is completely closed and the length checks are outstanding.

What's this mean for little Cali-kay? She is 18% behind Savannah and the next few weeks with fluid checks will tells us more. The OB said week 24 will be the "week" to know Cali-Kay's status. I told Savannah she better start sharing with her sister or she will be in big trouble when she gets out of there in 4-5 months:)

I spent Tuesday in tears. It was tough to hear. It took so long to get pregnant I just want everything to go smooth. I don't want anymore bump in the roads. I want to bring home 2 healthy little girls.

Updates on the pregnancy, I was good on morning sickness for a week and now it's back. I guess it just last all pregnancy and there is nothing I can do about it. I am just hoping I am keeping down food as I needed for the little princesses:) My back is definitely getting worse. It just hurts so bad in my chair all day. I try to get up and walk around, but it's just not enough. It just hurts. Now, I have this weird infection under my eye. You can see it on my right eye in the pictures. I tried to cover with make-up, but it didn't work. I think it's from crying so much Tuesday. I am not sure if I scratched it and then got something in it. I couldn't even open it yesterday. It's very gross.

I think Aaron is actually getting excited about having 2 little girls running around here. They are going to have him so wrapped around their tiny little fingers! I told him that I am the Queen B and they are the little princesses and he is going to have to pamper and take care of us:) I think he took it well. He is going to be a wonderful Daddy!
So this weeked will be operation Baby Girls' room! It's going to rain and I would like to get some ideas on what to do. I would really like to have their room done before I get put on bed rest. I have so many color ideas in mind. I have so many ideas.... Hmmmm....stay tuned.

Oh and Aaron's dad bought our stroller and 2 car seats! How sweet is he? It's a huge relief to have that out of the way:) Big items!!!




I will scan in the ultra sound pictures this weekend. They are soooo good. I love their little profile pictures, you can see their little noses and lips. It's amazing!

Here I am at weeks 18! Aaron's dad said I was getting big:)








7 comments:

  1. One position I've found helps with the back pain is to get on my hands and knees so the baby can move into a new position and away from my back/sciatic nerve. Give it a try for the back pain. As for the babies, I'll be keeping in my thoughts. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing. I was worried about this exact thing which is why I went for a second opinion (blogged it this week) but it is not a problem with us because we have fraternal not identical twins.

    I do believe they can listen and obey because I told my little girl to start growing and catching up and she has - this week's appt showed her weight at 647g and the boy's at 649g!

    So speak to those babies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And despite all the morning sickness, you're looking gorgeous! I have some friends who had it who actually looked GREEN all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the early technology comment is b/c the ultrasound machines are was sensitive now and they pick up things they may or may not be there.

    try to stay positive and keep talking to those baby girls.

    i can't wait to see what you guys decided to do for the rooms!

    i pray the ms eases up for you, its no fun.

    you are in my constant thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie, you don't need this! I'm so sorry they have given you something to worry about. I, too, would be beside myself.

    Ditto Michelle on the early technology comment. Although it wasn't nearly the same thing, your post reminded me of when our results from the quad screen came back high for Downs'. I cried and cried and cried and worked myself in to a tizzy (even though we would have loved a Downs' baby!, it was fear of the unknown). Anyway, we decided to have an amnio and everything was fine! "False positive," they said. And I decided then and there that I would never do early screening again!

    We have the *ability* to see and know things so much earlier now, with new technology, but that's not always a good thing. . . often things are "false positives," or just need time to work themselves out. I have everything crossed that this is the case for you - that your little girls just needed a good talking too and will start sharing nicely and behaving now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, sweetie, you're doing a great job! Those little girls better learn to start sharing, and to listen to their mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there! I'm sure everything will be okay. I love the carseat and stroller pattern!

    ReplyDelete