So, I had my weekly cervical length scan, fluid check and NST today. Here are the updates:
Cervical length check: AWESOME!!!! It went from 3.5 to 4!!!! So excited!
Fluid check: perfect, both babies over 2 cm of fluid pocket.
NST: Failed!!!
I was back in triage being hooked up to be monitored. I was having a lot of contractions. I was given another shot, then my procardia and I was sent home. I was in L&D for 2 plus hours. When I left the nurse said she would see me next Wed. It seems like it's going to be a weekly thing. She said if I was bored over the weekend she was on duty to come back and see her:)
Okay, now more stuff to worry about. During the cervical length check the babies both decided to go head down. It looked like they were fighting for camera time. They are definitely my girls. So anyway, since both babies showed their heads she was looking at their brains. She kept looking at them and taking pictures. I thought it was weird she was focusing on the babies and not my cervix, but she took a lot of pictures last time so I just let it go.
After the scans, I get dressed and come out to meet a peri doctor. This in itself freaks me out. They only grab the doctors if something it wrong. Well, both babies have CPS (Choroid plexus cyst). Baby A has 2 of these cyst and baby B has 1. I was fighting tears as she was telling me this. I tried not to freak out, but I am a hormonal pregnant lady, what do you expect? She told me most resolve themselves by week 26. They don't harm the babies. I asked "what if?" and she said she has never seen the "what if?" that in 99.9% of the time they clear up with no problems.
I really just want 100% good news. I have enough on my plate. I am trying to remain positive, but it's hard. I feel like I just get beat down with crap. I need nothing but good news in one appointment. I gotta pick myself back up.
And for the love of GOD, I need to stay off google. It only made things worse.
Oh wow, I'm so sorry your going through all of this! But that's great news that 99.9% of the time these cases are perfectly normal! You and your little ones will be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteTry to relax and focus on the problems you are going to have soon enough. Like 2 weddings to pay for and 2 first dates. They will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you hada stressful day! I am a L&D nurse, I have also worked in the NICU & in an OBs office. These cysts are pretty common, the peri I work with described them as "pimples" on their own they really mean nothing. My friend went thru IVF & her little girl had this as well. They did a detailed ultrasound to look for other markers (looked at heart, hands etc) everythign looked fine. By 30 weeks the cyst was gone & her beautiful little girl will be one next month!
ReplyDeleteTry to be strong & postiive. Its hard when its you & your babies I know!
NO GOOGLING!!! I know it's hard, but it only makes things worse. Trust me. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a wonderful job taking care of your girls, stay strong, Babbs. xoxo
I know 99.9% isn't a complete relief but trust your doctor, your babies will be awesome!! NO GOOGLING! I know from previous experience that it can be a very bad thing.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and the girlies:)
:) that's the first thing I did when I read that - went to google.
ReplyDeleteIt is BAD for us!
Awesome on the cervix and fluid!!!
Oh hon, sorry to hear about the cysts. I hope they disappear very nice. And I really hope that you get nothing but good news at your appt next week-YOU DESERVE IT.
ReplyDeleteI'm really happy to hear that your cervix length improved as well as your fluid levels-that is really good, Babbs. Try to focus on those things as they'll keep PTL away.
Thinking of you, Aaron, and the girls often!
Oh sweetie, please stay off google! I know how hard it is - I had lots of things pop up during my pregnancy that I googled, but only a fraction of them ended up even mattering. The rest were things that were a non-issue by the next appt.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you have one more thing to worry about. You deserve some peace, dear friend.