Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A few updates...

I had a doctor appointment this morning and he put me on bed rest indefinite. I will be on the couch or the bed until my baby girls are born. I wasn't expecting this now, so it's going to take some time to get used to. Last week, I was put on a week-by-week basis, but he said today bed rest until the babies make their appearance. I will do anything to keep these little ones in there cooking.

I go in for a fluid check and cervical length check tomorrow morning. I am praying that my cervix doesn't shorten even more. I hope it stays put, it's still above 2.5 and that's where we need to keep it.

The contractions haven't totally stopped yet, which sucks. I really want this to go smooth. I am stuck to the couch. I did get permission to go to the New Kids in a wheelchair, GO ME! I am not allowed out of it. I am sure I will have to drink a ton of water too.

The little ones have been very active today. Aaron finally felt Cali-Kay kick for the first time. He thought it was me, but once I told him that it wasn't me he just smiled. It totally made his day. He is a proud daddy today. He is however being lazy, he has just one more thing to paint. I keep begging for him to do it and he won't. This is why I hate being on bed rest. I want it done. Yes, I realize how I sound. (Very Kate like from Jon and Kate).
The girls have been kicking non-stop since he left the room. It's pretty funny:)

Aaron was a sweetie yesterday, he took me to get some crafts to work on to help make bed rest go a little easier. He also helped pick out the material for the curtains, the window seat pillow and extra pillows to put on window. I love the material. I took pictures, because I have nothing better to do. I am sorry if I am boring you with all the baby room talk. Once Aaron finishes painting I will take pictures of that too.
3 fabric choices:)


The raspberry is for the curtains. You like?
Aaron picked this material out:) The lady at JoAnn's couldn't believe what a help he was. She said most men would have to be drunk to be that willing:)

For the little pillows for the window seat.

This one is for the actual window seat cushion. I love the 3 together and think they will work well together.



Well, tomorrow we have the fluid check and cervical length, wish me luck. Hopefully it will be good news.




7 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well tomorrow! And your nursery will be adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the early bedrest.
    But you'll do anything to keep those baby's safe and sound up in there.

    Goodluck with tomorrow.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, I'm so sorry about the early bedrest.

    What did work say? How does it work there? Is it "sick leave" or do you have to take "real" leave or is it unpaid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That green fabric is what I plan on making our curtains out of, heh.

    I'm really sorry about the early bedrest - I hope your appt. goes well tomorrow and enjoy NKOTB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love fabric in general, and particularly love your choices! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    And I'm so sorry to hear about bedrest. It must be very overwhelming to look at all the weeks ahead . . . but, I'm nonetheless keeping my fingers crossed for lots and lots of weeks ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the bedrest :(

    But I'm totally happy to hear about the baby room preparations! I need ideas! And I love your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tottaly relate to yu. i have to on modified bedrest until the baby arrives and we are only dure around the same time. So no work for me either. Give me some ideas on how you are planning to spend all the weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete