I had my cervical length and fluid check this morning. The fluid check went very well, both babies are showing above average, which is over 2cm of fluid. They were adorable during the ultra sound, they wouldn't let her get a good picture, they were moving everywhere. She gave me a few good shots of the babies. I'm so in love with them.
Okay, next up the cervical length check. Guess what? It has shortened. My super star rocking cervix is letting me down. I lost a cm since last week. So the next question was, "What's making this happening?" I moved to the next room to get hooked up to the monitors and yep I was having contractions pretty close together. I was by myself, I couldn't get a hold of Aaron or my mom. I was going crazy. My boss called me and I lost it on the phone with her. I had no idea what was going to happen.
I was hooked up to the machine for about 30-35 minutes, the perinatologists came in to talk to me and said he was going to admit me for observation. I am crying my eyes out. I finally get a hold of Aaron. He is of course 40-45 minutes away.
I move to L&D for observation, get in a gown, climb in bed, get hooked back up and the nurse comes at me with a needle of procardia. The peri said I would be there for 23 hours, UGH!
I get the shot and the contractions slow down, THANK GOD! I stay on the monitor and a few hours later I was given 2 pills of procardia, it worked. By 6:00 pm the contractions had stopped and I was released from the hospital and I am now home.
Of course the outcome, I am on strict bedrest and I am suppose to take 2 procardia pills every 4 hours. I hate the way it makes me feel, but I will do anything to keep these 2 little angels in the womb. I want to meet them, just not this soon.
Today was such a roller coaster, I thought it was going to be a quick check-up and ended up in the hospital. I am very thankful to be home. I will be glued to the bed or couch.
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Uterus,
Please don't contract anymore. I would like to keep my daughters in as long as they need to be. It's not time to push them out. You are suppose to give them 40 weeks, we are being kind to you and will have them out at 38 weeks. I will tell them to calm down on the kicking, but please, please don't kick them out yet. They need your help.
Thanks,
Babbs
------------------------------------------------------
Dear Savannah and Callista,
Get comfy in there:) You have 19 weeks before you can meet Daddy and I. We can't wait to meet you, but you have a lot of growing first. Can you please be nice to Ms. uterus and ease up on the kicks. Hugs and kisses!
I love you babies,
Love Mommy
-------------------------------------------------------
It's been an emotional day, thanks for letting me get a little corny:)
Oh my goodnes, I'm so sorry you had such a scary day.
ReplyDeleteI think if you just keep talking to the girls, things will be okay.
I hope everything settles down and you get some rest.
I hope that your little girls stay healthy. I am sure that, that was a emotional roller coaster. Stay strong. :) WE are all saying our prayers for you and your DH and the little girls.
ReplyDelete