I have been having some pain on the lower right side of my belly over the past 3 days. It hurts to sit, to stand, to walk and to sneeze or cough. I couldn't take it anymore so I called the OB. The nurse had me come in to have a look over. I thought it was going to be my OB, but of course it wasn't. It was another doctor in the practice, which is fine, I have to meet them all anyways.
I told him right away that I am the crazy pregnant lady that calls whenever I feel anything:) He assured me I was doing the right thing and to always follow my gut. It's nice having the doctor on my side.
I tell him what I am feeling and of course this means pelvic exam time. First he gets the doppler out and finds both heartbeats, that's always music to your ears. I confess I listened to them on my doppler before leaving for the doctor.
So, he did my pelvic exam , man I hate those. He said my cervix was high and closed. I was perfect, which I also like to hear. I did have a swollen ovary and I am having mild contractions, which he said was totally normal and fine. He did say I was showing signs of dehydration to drink more water, but to have an empty bladder. Okay, whatever you say doctor. I have been downing water since then. He always wants me to take it easy the next couple of days, so I will be working from home. I am lucky I have a job and an awesome boss who let's me do that. I swear I have the most caring and sweet boss when it comes to personal stuff. She is located in Texas and I am here in Kentucky, so it's hard not being able to see her face to face. She did call me at home, which I thought was very thoughtful. She definitely cares and understands.
I do have a funny story from shopping with my sister the other day, well it was with my niece. I had some new shirts I was buying from motherhood and she was in the dressing room with me giving her opinion. Little miss Hannah can certainly give her opinion. I tried on this red shirt, that I just loved and thought looked good on me. Well, I asked her what she thought. She actually gave my the side eye and then told me no. I told her I was going to get it and she actually said, "Just don't wear it out with me, wear it to work." Where on earth do 9 year olds learn how to talk like that?
tooo cute and YES you earned the right to be "That pregnant lady!!" Us infertiles all have. I know I will be!!!
ReplyDeleteTotally be THAT pregnant lady! ;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that everying was alright and what a funny niece you have!
Babbs I can't believe you are 17 weeks already!!! I don't blame you for calling the dr..better to be safe than sorry! That's too cute about your niece:)
ReplyDeleteI have tagged you for an award, please go to my blog.
ReplyDelete