We arrived at the RE's office, crackers and sprite in hand. I was called back and my RE asked how I was feeling. My response, "I feel like crap." His response, "that's great news."
I get back and get in the stirrups. My RE comes in and the dildo cam does its job. He is just looking around in there. I kept trying to see what he was looking at.
So, he is said to me, "You have two good reasons to be sick." I swear my eyes lit up. I looked over at Aaron and he is just smiling from ear to ear. Dr. S said he didn't do that though. I had one embryo split into identical twins!!!!! Can you believe it? I am having twins! How will I tell them a part? ;) We saw each of the heartbeats. It was so cool!
We were prepared for 1 or 2 (fraternal twins), but not for identical! I am on cloud 9. I can't wait to find out what sex they are!
Could you imagine if the other embryo would have stuck? We could have triplets. You would need to lock Aaron and I in the looney bin.
I am so excited!!!!!
I did get 2 prescriptions for morning sickness and so far so good. I was able to eat today and keep it down!
Well, here is the first u/s pictures!!!!
I have been following your blog for a while now, and I have been coming online all day today waiting for you to share your news!! SOOO Exciting, im so happy for you guys!... Cannot wait until my day comes... God bless and take care of those beauties!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! SO excited for you.
ReplyDeleteHi there!! Its Mrs Jay here - first blog from me, my hubby has been doing the chatting, as i've been struggling a little (i'm the worlds worst worry wort!). But from the sounds of it, we're both very lucky to have amazing husbands. CONGRATULATIONS! That is just amazing news = identical twins!!!! I was thinking about you all day today, being in Ireland we are hours ahead of you guys and i couldn't wait to get home from work to find out how your scan went. We have our scan Friday 6th March and honestly i've found waiting for it just as hard as when we were waiting to do the test. Fingers/toes and everything crossed that we get amazing news that we can share with you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again - lots of love from Ireland. x
OMG! Identicals? I was certain they were fraternal, but look at you Momma! Congrats, Babbs. I'm just so, so happy for you Aaron. And, I'm glad you are feeling better. Crossing fingers that the sickness gets better from here! Again, congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the Twins. I hope the morning sickness gets better soon. I believe that there is something that they can give you for it.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!!!! How exciting! I am so happy for you. I hope you are feeling better with the meds.
ReplyDeleteIdentical twins... how awesome!!!!
Babbs! That is the most beautiful baby(babies) picture! I am so happy for you, twins is so exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so beyond happy for you and Aaron! What a wonderful day! to see your ultrasound pic is so awesome. It won't be long. How amazing that you are having identical twins. I'm glad you got stuff to help you feel a little better.
ReplyDeletecongratulations! i'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so happy for you and I wish you the best!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I am a lurker on TTTC. Congratulations on your idential twins! How exciting! I will be starting my first IVF cycle in March. Thanks for posting your protocol, I kind of know what to expect! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so happy for you and your husband. I found your blog via the knot and I've been following your journey. I have a friend who just found out she has fertility issues and I sent her the link to your blog. She has found it very educational and inspirational. Best Wishes!
ReplyDeleteWow and YAY for identicals - how amazing! Now I'm even MORE curious for mine (3/4).Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete