Sunday, January 18, 2009

First stop Clomid

I remember everything about the past 2 years so clear. We decided to start throwing caution to the wind and start TTC in December. My first testing day was my 29th birthday and of course it was a negative. I was fine with that, we just started, no big deal.

We tried for the next several months on our own and I was charting at the same time. My charts showed I was not ovulating, I had no clear temp shift. I made an appointment with the OB again. My OB agreed I was not ovulating. He gave me a prescription for Clomid.

I started the evil drug, clomid, while we were in Florida. It was towards the end of our trip so I didn't have any side effects right away. Good Lord, when we got home I had hot flashes like crazy. Clomid brought many friends to the party.. headaches, mood swings, hot flashes and lack of desire to even think about sex.

I still charted while on Clomid and still no ovulation. I was on the low dose of clomid of 50 mg. I went in monthly to see the OB and he couldn't explain anything to me. He gave me an RX for a higher dose of 100mg. He also wanted to do an HSG.

The HSG is horrible, they told me mild cramping. Mild cramping my ass, that crap hurt. I was shaking and my OB was holding down my feet. I almost passed out. I never want to do that again. The HSG showed I was all clear and there were no issues.

I took the higher dose of clomid and yes, we have success, I ovulated! Of course I didn't get pregnant, but yes I finally ovulated. So, I thought the 100mg is working, I am going to get pregnant, right? I was wrong again. I did another month of clomid and no ovulation.... What the fuck is wrong with me and my body? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

I was back at the OB's office and he gave me the number to an Reproductive endocrinologist. It took awhile to make the phone to get the appointment with the RE. I got an appointment for mid November and I was sort of mid cycle on Clomid.

My first appointment with the RE made me feel overwhelmed and excited. I am going to have answers, someone is going to pay attention to me and my body and possibly give me answers. This is great. When he did the "dildo cam" it showed 2 nice size follicles getting ready to ovulate. WOW, this is great! The RE gave me an RX for an ovidrel shot and he scheduled me for insemination (IUI for short). I left the appointment on cloud nine. I was going to ovulate, I am going to have a trigger shot and I will have a timed IUI. YES!!!!!

FAIL, nope no such luck. Another BFN (BIG FAT NEGATIVE).

One more IUI cycle with clomid......

My RE also gave me an RX for metformin. That's a whole other list of side effects.

The RE told me that he would like to do a laparoscopy in January. I had this done when I was 22, so I knew what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment