Sunday, January 18, 2009

Diagnosed

I wish I would have started this sooner since I am at the IVF process. Let me start from the beginning, the moment I knew there were going to be issues getting pregnant.

I belong to the secret society called the Trouble Trying to conceive. We do not like to take new members, but will gladly support you if you need to be there. I find comfort in this group and I have no idea what I would do without them.

So my baby trail begins......

About 5-6 months before our wedding I had a cyst burst on my right ovary. It hurt like hell, so I called my OB/GYN for an appointment and he sent me for an internal ultra sound. I like to call the internal ultra sound the "dildo cam". We are good friends now, although he never brings me pleasure. Anywho, my results indicated Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS as I will refer to it in my blog).

I wasn't ready to start having kids right at that moment... Okay, I lie I was thinking about babies since I knew Aaron was the one for me. I needed to get through the wedding before we started TTC. The OB put me on birth control to control the cyst.

After my OB told me it was PCOS I googled it and I ordered 4 books, I had to get the information on this. What did it all mean to me? I read almost all 4 books on the way to Chicago, Aaron's sister was graduating form Law School. After reading overwhelming info on PCOS, it looked like I needed to make a few diet changes. The best diet for PCOSers is a low carb, low sugar diet. I began the diet immediately.

I thought I had the PCOS under control, I had dropped 31 pounds before our wedding by going on the diet. I was happy about that. I had to trade in my wedding dress for a smaller size, go me!

I have the greatest husband in the world. We had several counseling sessions with our pastor and my fear was, "What will Aaron do If I couldn't have babies?". His response was so sweet. Aaron wants children, but wants me more. He would rather be childless than lose me. I love that man.

I wanted a honeymoon baby sooooooo bad, but I was still on the Birth Control for at least another month.

My thoughts are jumbled right now so this may not flow well.

I will start a new post for each treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment