Well, I am not going to lie, that was a horrible experience. I arrived at the RE's office at 7:15 starving and thirsty, thank God for the valium. The valium definitely helped calm my nerves. I was so anxious this morning before leaving.
I woke up at about 5am, it was like Christmas morning. I couldn't wait, but yet I was so scared.
Everything had been timed perfectly. I got out of bed at 6 and showered. I wasn't allowed to apply make-up so it was just a quick blow dry of my hair and I got dressed. We were out the door. I took my valium at 6:45, arrived at 7:15. The nurse immediately met us in the hall and took us back. I changed and she put in the IV.
I think I was the second retrieval of the day. I waited in the bed scared, Aaron was rubbing my legs and feet. He is so sweet. The didn't give me anything right away, I just waited for my turn.
Dr. Awadalla walked into my room and said it was my turn. OMG, it's my turn... What? EEEK.... They start pushing me into the ER room and my nerves are really going. I grabbed Aaron's hand and he gave me a kiss. I love him. Dr. A said, "Awww you even got a kiss". Of course on the way back to the room I kept talking about how wonderful Aaron is. I think people get sick of hearing that. I guess the valium and the nerves wouldn't let me stop talking about him.
We arrive at the room and I have to switch beds to the ER bed, which doesn't look pleasant. It was a flat bed with stirrups. I had to lay on the bed and keep scooting. You can never scoot close enough to the end of the bed. Dr. A and the nurse put me position. The nurse started giving me my "twilight" drugs, I felt like I was going to fall asleep, but I just couldn't.
I asked the nurse how many eggs she thought they were going to get and her response was 9.
Dr. A started the procedure. "I can feel that, what are you doing?" It hurts. It felt like I was being stabbed. Why wasn't I asleep? I just layed there in pain, the nurse pumps more drugs, but I am still awake and feel everything going on. It was not what I was expecting, everyone I know that did IVF was out during the ER.
Finally, it's over.... My total egg count is 17, not 9, 17!!!! It was so worth it to get 17 eggs. I can't believe it. I was rolled back to my recovery area and Aaron still wasn't back from doing his business. I was laying there and my area was throbbing.
The nurse gave me a heating pad and more pain meds, they were nice. I could still feel the pain though.
I stopped by my mom's on the way home because she made chili for Aaron and me tonight. She was so worried about me. I had no color this morning and she could tell I was in a lot of pain. I wish she would have gone with us. I didn't ask though, she would have been there with us.
On to the good stuff. I have 17 potential babies being conceived today. I'm geeking. It's a very weird feeling knowing that my eggs and Aaron's sperm will be ICSI'd today and I will have embryos. It's amazing, science is awesome. I can't wait to see pictures of the little embies (as we on the TTTC board call them).
I should hear my fertility report by 10:00am tomorrow! When you go through IVF there is always a wait for something. I can't wait to get the call. This has to work, right?
Oh my thoughts are going to eat me alive. I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up because it does not mean the baby(ies) will stick, but I also don't want to be debbie downer. I am trying to be somewhere in the middle.
I can't help but think I could be pregnant in just a week or two!
I am sorry to hear that you are in pain, but such great numbers!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. I am hoping to hear a great fert report! :)
Smilee
The IVF 2ww is the worst, but I just know you are going to have some great news in a couple weeks! Sorry your ER was so painful. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear that the "hard" part is over...now comes the worrying and waiting, but hopefully it will ALL be worth it in the end! :-)
ReplyDelete