I laid awake forever last night, I looked at the picture over and over again. The 2 week wait after IVF is definitely the hardest. Good Lord I never obsessed this much over an IUI wait. It's hard knowing that 2 embryos have been transferred and there is something in there, but will they stay?
Is a 55% chance good or bad? That's what I was given, a 55% chance of this working. I want to be on the good side of statistics. I hate seeing how heartbreaking it is for my fellow IVFers. I had 3 really great friends get a BFN this past week after IVF. I really wanted them to see us all on the good side of this number.
It's so stressful and hard.
Then you have the crazy lady in CA with no father with 14 children. What RE would perform IVF on a person like that? He should be shut down. The reports are stating now that she is 27 with bad tubes and all 14 children were conceived through IVF. She filed for bankruptcy and lives with her parents. This is just horrible and disgusting. What kind of life are those children going to have? This family is going to need hand-outs to make it. I don't think she should get them, but then I think about the babies. It's not their fault their mom is a complete shit for brains.
Human beings are not animals, we should not be having a liter of children. It gives fertility treatments a bad name. I hate that RE's have to defend their jobs because of careless people like this woman and whoever who RE is. I wish I could say I'm speechless, but as you can see I have a lot to say on the matter. I have been struggling for over 2 years trying to have 1.
It's so disgusting. I know what we have been hearing is all "he said, she said" crap. I would like to hear from her and the RE who performed the IVF. Then I hope she gets no money.
Thanks to shows like Jon and Kate plus 8, woman like this just want kids to make money and get free crap.
okay, I am stepping off my soap box.
I'm really rooting for you guys! 55% is better than half :)
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog and I feel the same as you about the IVF stuff. I even posted a blog about it on mine. I don't think she got IVF. I can't believe it if she did. I'm curious if they implanted 4 and they ALL split. I wonder if her RE is in the US as well... so many thoughts. I too would LIKE to be speachless, but find myself having to defend fertility treatments. ANYWAY.. off my soapbox too... GOOD LUCK. I'm crossing my fingers for ya!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear you... that makes me so annoyed. Who would do IVF under those conditions.
ReplyDeleteBut... putting that aside, I know how torturous the 2ww is . Hang in there. I have my fingers crossed. :)
I'm an lurker on some knot/nest boards and have been following your journey for a few months now. This may be weird, but I am really praying for a positive outcome when you get your beta next week. Hang in there and think positive!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, hon. I know it is so, so hard. When is your beta? Hopefully soon! I'm praying that this is the one for you! Everything crossed for a positive outcome!
ReplyDelete